Are you Unhappy with new search page.

Answered!
Peggy289
Level 2
Jupiter, FL

Are you Unhappy with new search page.

Ever since they changed the format of the search page my views have dropped in half! My reservations are down 20% from where they used to be. Is anyone else having that problem.

The problem as I see it is the addition of having to choose weekend, week, or month. There is no way around those choices so when my listing shows up it shows a price for an entire week sometime in the future, not the price it is now. I have no idea what the advantage is to having added those choices.

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Peggy289   Many many many hosts (and guests) are unhappy with the changes to searching that came with the summer rollout.  Use the search tool and keywords summer release.  Airbnb seriously needs to rollback.  We are all hanging in there, but bookings have plummeted for many experienced hosts.  I have moved on to other advertising methods. 

5 Replies 5
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Peggy289   Many many many hosts (and guests) are unhappy with the changes to searching that came with the summer rollout.  Use the search tool and keywords summer release.  Airbnb seriously needs to rollback.  We are all hanging in there, but bookings have plummeted for many experienced hosts.  I have moved on to other advertising methods. 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

Hi @Peggy289 

One doesn’t have to choose only weekend, week or month, although that’s what is visible in the search field. If you type in the location you want in the “Where to” box, you’ll get a dropdown box. There you put in the dates you’re interested in and how many guests. 

I just want to say that at first I was flabbergasted with getting low reservations and blamed it on the roll out. But once I added more photos, and tweaked my daily rate and added discounts for weekly, monthly and holidays, my reservation count increased quickly. 

I’ve been on Airbnb for three years now and I’ve booked up almost every night for the last three years. I’ve had over 290 5 star ratings!  I honestly think that you should be able to search an area without putting in dates. The way it’s set up now you can’t  bypass the weekend, week, month feature so when someone looks at my listing they see a price for a week that is Sometimes three months out. That price may not be what it is right now. I have tweaked my price for the summer offering a really good rate but it doesn’t show up if you haven’t searched for a particular date. My guests are usually 1, 2 or 3 night stays. They are looking   for a price first and then if the price is OK with them then they search the amenities. If they see a price for a week that is three months out (in season) they might not click on my listing . I’ve got amazing pictures and outrageously amazing reviews but if I can’t get them to click on my listing because they don’t see the right price I’m not going to get them. My views have dropped from 600 a month to around 350 a month since the new search rollout. My listing shows up consistently as the first one you see in my town because my reviews are so amazing! But if the price isn’t what they’re looking for they don’t click on it. Do you understand what I’m saying? 
All I’m hoping is that Airbnb will let you bypass the weekend, week, or month  feature without having to put in travel dates. A majority  of my guests our first time Airbnb users and they’ve made the search much too complicated.

Mallory74
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I have noticed a significant drop-off in reservations since the rollout. I was doing some reach in travel mode and noticed my listing doesn't show up unless a zoom in to almost the exact location - all the criteria are met in the search settings but yet I have to zoom in to find my Airbnb! Why is this now happening? 

My listing should show up in the map area! Its ridiculous that someone would have to scroll to a 3 block radius to see my listing.

Also I am superhost, have the ratings etc. 

Jodi372
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

I went from two solid years of 21+ days of bookings each and every month to ZERO after the new rollout . Not even LABOR DAY weekend is booked . I have a three night min so it doesn’t show up in “weekends” . Guests say it’s too confusing and I’m the admins of the FB Group “AIRBNB WHOLE HOME HOSTS” and we’ve heard the same complaints . WTH Airbnb , you screwed up a really good thing . SMH.