Bedding and linens

Crystal192
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

Bedding and linens

I have a few rental suites in a city with very cold winters and very hot summers. The suite has good heating and cooling, but I was wondering if having a duvet would be a good idea? Who out there thinks having a duvet is a plus for your rentals? And if you have a duvet with a cover, how often do you find that you need to wash the duvet? 

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Crystal192  I have summer weight blankets and winter weight duvet inserts.  I wash the duvet covers with each new guest.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Crystal192 

Crystal, like you, we have hot summers, and being at altitude have cold winters and I find having a duvet (quilt or doona as we call them) a definite asset. Particularly during the cooler months it saves a great deal on heating costs. Very few guests actually run the heating during the night so having a quilt has paid for itself many times over. It makes the bed look more finished and inviting than just a blanket.

Bed combos combined.jpg

I have a number of quilt sets and I alternate with each guest, washing everything down to the mattress protector for every guest. It's only an extra couple of minutes work but it is worth it. Most of my reviews mention how good the bed was.

Go for it Crystal, you won't look back!

Cheers.........Rob