Bedroom sheets Design thoughts

Answered!
Michael6695
Level 2
Portland, OR

Bedroom sheets Design thoughts

I've got a 4 bedroom house with very large bedrooms.  One room  ive placed a double and two twins.  Thoughts on sheet sets for this room, all the same design or different.  

-challenged in so many ways

1 Best Answer

@Michael6695   Based on your listing, those bedrooms look very big indeed! You might want to pause your listing until you've finished preparing the bedrooms and re-shot them, as you'll probably get better quality bookings from guests who see that the home is guest-ready.

There is some truth to @Patti-And-Marty0 's remark - guests who are used to hotels tend to perceive white linens as "clean." But the downside as an Airbnb host is that you probably don't have access to the industrial laundries and infinite linen supplies that hotels do, and even perfectly clean white linens tend to show their little flaws and stains more visibly than colorful and patterned linens. That's one reason I lean more toward Camp Colorful.  (I'm guessing you plan to market mostly to families with several kids, given the sleeping arrangement, so you'll have many adventures in laundry).

An added bonus is that colorful bedding can add a visually interesting design element in a room that's otherwise somewhat minimalistic. When guests are actually staying there, they don't tend to notice the subconscious influence of color enough to comment on it, but it does help to catch the eye when people are scrolling through listings.

Whatever you choose, I recommend an inventory of at least 3 sets per bed. It's not necessary for the beds to all match each other in multi-bed rooms - a little variety is a good thing. But if you're not going all-white, stick with tones that complement each other so that you can mix and match interchangeably.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi @Michael6695 

I’m in the all white sheets camp so easy decision. White sheets = clean. Hotels know it.

@Michael6695   Based on your listing, those bedrooms look very big indeed! You might want to pause your listing until you've finished preparing the bedrooms and re-shot them, as you'll probably get better quality bookings from guests who see that the home is guest-ready.

There is some truth to @Patti-And-Marty0 's remark - guests who are used to hotels tend to perceive white linens as "clean." But the downside as an Airbnb host is that you probably don't have access to the industrial laundries and infinite linen supplies that hotels do, and even perfectly clean white linens tend to show their little flaws and stains more visibly than colorful and patterned linens. That's one reason I lean more toward Camp Colorful.  (I'm guessing you plan to market mostly to families with several kids, given the sleeping arrangement, so you'll have many adventures in laundry).

An added bonus is that colorful bedding can add a visually interesting design element in a room that's otherwise somewhat minimalistic. When guests are actually staying there, they don't tend to notice the subconscious influence of color enough to comment on it, but it does help to catch the eye when people are scrolling through listings.

Whatever you choose, I recommend an inventory of at least 3 sets per bed. It's not necessary for the beds to all match each other in multi-bed rooms - a little variety is a good thing. But if you're not going all-white, stick with tones that complement each other so that you can mix and match interchangeably.

Much appreciated Andrew.     Funny thing on the completed listing.  I am usually a person that would not do something like list a property without everything being done and photographer pics up.  I definitely want to put my best foot forward.  I was working on setting up a cleaner and the only way I could figure to complete the cleaning app was that I needed to make the listing active to allow access to the calendar.  I'm sure there was a way that avoided that but I couldn't find it.  So,  I made it active, closed off a few months availability and with the requirements on airbnb to have 6 pictures, posted 6 pictures of the front of the house.  Ironically, people started booking the house.  Who does that?  They had no idea what was going on on the inside.  So, I rolled with it and just let everyone know that inquired that this is a major remodel and to expect little things needing addressed and that while the house will be ready, the house is huge and will likely take us months to get furnished to the way we want.  The big gamble for me is quantity over quality.  Everyone that has booked I've had specific conversations with to try and ascertain their quality of integrity.  Feel good but a bit nervous there.  

Back to the sheets.  Every bed except the two twins I went with a muted yet colorful scheme with bold colored comforters.  The twins, I put white sheets with complimentary comforters.   

You do three sets of bedding?  Ok, I guess off to the store we go again.  

New pictures being taken this coming week.  

Thank you so much for your feedback.  

@Michael6695 New listings are the primary targets for scammers who will try to con their way into a free stay, a party venue, or a squatter situation. I'd steer well clear of any bookings that come before your listing is complete. If you change the list status to "snoozed" it wont appear in search results until you un-snooze it.