Believe it or not--I actually got the 25% refund today!

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

Believe it or not--I actually got the 25% refund today!

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.22.29 AM.jpegI woke up to an email from Airbnb this morning, saying that they scheduled my Covid-19 policy refund payment.  It is also showing under my April earnings on my dashboard.   Funny thing is, I have a moderate cancellation policy.  Not complaining...go figure!   😉

59 Replies 59

When is the 5000 grant supposed to be dispersed?

Dianne243
Level 3
New York, NY

Thanks wonderful! Lol 😂

Elad27
Level 2
תא, Israel

After Airbnb cancel in my behalf and fully refunded all my future reservations and close my life business, Mr Brain Chesky decided to help us the host but when it's comes to real money I received this poor massage from the financial team:
This Reservation is paid less upfront .Again it is not elligible for 25% . Apologies for the inconvenience but we have set up guidelines on how to sopport our hosts. But if you think that it is not enough, I suggest to leave a feedback at www.aribnb.com/feedback. We all hear your voices that is why we have created a support for our hosts. Thanks for your time.

It's already drop in the sea... 25% from my strict policy is 12.5% payout..!

Now after promises of payments for host on crisis we not eligible any payment again!!?? 

@Elad27

Sorry to hear you're having such a horrible time. There are a lot of us in the same boat, feeling your pain.

Can you just clarify for me please - did the customer service agent give you the impression that all "pay less upfront" bookings are disqualified from the 12.5% payment, or do you feel they're just coming up with an excuse to get out of paying you this particular one? 

Right now Airbnb poorly decided to don't pay any cancel reservation under 'Pay Less upfront'! No sense here as guests get fully refund anyway if they pay in full or pay less upfront.

I hope Airbnb will change this unfair decision 

I just finished emailing with support team and was told which reservations I would not receive 25% payout on DUE TO THE CANCELLATION BEING DONE BEFORE MARCH 30TH announcement of the 25% payout to hosts. I emailed them their very own posting frome the Resources page wher it states the following:

What happens for reservations that were canceled before this March 30 announcement?
As long as the criteria above apply, and the guest cancels under our extenuating circumstances policy, we’ll pay 25% of the amount you would’ve received for a normal guest cancellation.

Mine are valid and within requred dates! I would stand your ground and make sure you all double check them.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

support payment.jpg

Apologies - no idea why that screenshot is posting in that huge size, but I suppose at least it will be seen

Olahola0
Level 1
Akumal, Mexico

Hi Everybody! Where can I find the link or where do I submit my application for those cancellations during the Covid period?

There is no application. They will contact you.

Flavia191
Level 2
Boston, MA

Truly hope @Airbnb gets to us the soonest as we are bleeding after 33 cancellations from one property alone!

Colin434
Level 2
Daly City, CA

I have received nothing and had numerous cancelations - it seems so random and it's impossible to get in touch with anyone from Air BNB - any suggestions or advice?

I also saw that there was additional monies ( up to 5K) in compensation for superhost - does anyone know anything about this - my rental is a HUGE part of my income source and I'm really worried about being able to pay my mortgage  - thanks in advance for any helpful guidance and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy 

Hi Colin,

I chatted with someone (maybe a bot?) from Customer Support about five days ago. He said that emails would be sent out by early April and you would get a payout within 3 weeks of a cancelled reservation. I pointed out that I was reaching out because it was mid-April and my cancelled reservation was more than a month prior. He then apologized and said they were delayed. So I guess we just have to wait while they play catch up. Also I read somewhere that they will begin issuing invitations for the Superhost Relief Fund on April 10 through May 15, with payouts being finalized by end of May. I'm really hoping I'm invited, as Airbnb is my sole form of income right now and my town has banned Airbnbs through the end of May.

Wendy

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

$250 Million Host Aid

Message from Airbnb - 20/04/20

* Hosts will receive an email when a support payment is issued.

* This email will have an attached csv file which they can open in  Excel or Google sheets to review details of all the reservations that were included in the disbursement

* If a host hasn't received an email yet, their disbursement hasn't been issued yet

Timeline for next waves of hosts to receive payments and emails

1. 20 April 2020 - 20K hosts
  2. 21 April 2020 - 145K hosts
  3. 22 April 2020 - 150K hosts
  4. 23 April 2020 - 184K hosts

Thanks again for being a valued Airbnb host.

Superhost Relief Fund

Starting on April 10, 2020, a specialized team at Airbnb will be inviting eligible Superhosts and hosts of experiences to apply for a relief grant via email.  Invitations to apply will go out first to long-standing Superhosts who are in the greatest financial need, by looking at the earnings decline from this year to last. This same team will evaluate applications and get in touch with hosts to let them know whether their applications are approved. All invitations will be sent out by May 15, 2020.

The relief fund is only available for hosts with 2 or less listings and I have 3.  I opened up 2 rooms and my basement in my home after the Oil & Gas layoffs in my city and this is how I pay my mortgage.  Or it was.  How did 3 be the cut off?  Did they not combine that with yearly profits to gauge who may need the help?  Just because I have 3 listings does not mean i'm some big property management company.