Believe it or not--I actually got the 25% refund today!

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

Believe it or not--I actually got the 25% refund today!

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.22.29 AM.jpegI woke up to an email from Airbnb this morning, saying that they scheduled my Covid-19 policy refund payment.  It is also showing under my April earnings on my dashboard.   Funny thing is, I have a moderate cancellation policy.  Not complaining...go figure!   😉

59 Replies 59

Nope, nada as of Tuesday.

Sanee0
Level 2
Vietnam

Great to hear that. Hope to get my peanuts soon.

Thanks for sharing!

Silvia247
Level 3
New York, NY

Great news! Then there’s hope.  Lately I’ve changed my policy so many time after talking with other hosts and participating in listening sessions, that I don’t remember anymore what type of policy I had during those reservations. Personally I think I’ll get nothing because my view on this has always been flexible since I feel empathy towards my guests. I’m really happy for you! 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Update From Airbnb April 16, 2020

We have updated this article "$250M to support hosts impacted by cancellations"

What you need to know:
We have begun to pay out eligible hosts from our $250M program on Thursday April 16th

If you are eligible but have not yet received a notification from Airbnb, your payment may be scheduled for the coming days or in the next batch

You’ll see each payment in your transaction history, and you’ll receive an email from Airbnb detailing the amount per eligible reservation.

Payments will be sent to the default payment method in your account within five to seven business days.

Only guest-initiated cancellations that would’ve normally resulted in host revenue are eligible for payments.

One thing to mention: Our Community Support does not have information about your payments, so there’s no need to contact Airbnb to check on the status of processing.

@Susan17 where did you find this notice?  Did Airbnb send it out as a notification or is it posted in the community somewhere?

@Rosemary-and-Lisa

250M to support hosts impacted by cancellations – Resource Centre

https://www.airbnb.ie/resources/hosting-homes/a/250m-to-support-hosts-impacted-by-cancellations-165

My understanding  of  Eligible reservations ...  means hosts with a strict cancellation policy only.

@Gillian16

Yes, that's correct - unless guests cancelled within 5 days of arrival, and their host had a moderate policy. However, such instances would be few and far between as Airbnb was urging guests to cancel by 7 days before arrival in order to receive a full refund. 

Kristin207
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

Wow! That’s good news. Congratulations! We haven’t seen anything yet. Fingers crossed.

Vcr0
Level 2
Ipoh, Malaysia

That's great! Hope all host will get their refund soon.

Cindy509
Level 2
Savannah, GA

I also got 9 emails for 9 reservations that this refund impacts.

This is what the email said:

Cindy509_0-1587305652469.png

Simone918
Level 2
Rome, Italy

@Ann489 your post fills me with confidence in the future: I have suffered about 25 cancellations ...
Simone Rizzuti
Dev4
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Thanks everyone for posting. I have had stays from March - July getting cancelled, so I am eagerly waiting to receive some reimbursement for the cancellations. Needless to say there are no new booking requests.

All the guests, who cancelled informed that they were cancelling due to COVID-19 (as it is the flavor of the season). I don't know if they selected COVID-19 reason at the time of cancellation. Has anyone tried Airbnb contact center in regards to this?

Best wishes and stay safe. 

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

@Ann489  Pleased to hear that.  I am in Australia and haven't received anything yet.  I am a superhost with a strict policy and have 94 days cancelled that fit the criteria so was wondering, it's great to hear they have paid some out.