Booked 4, more came

Answered!
Inger191
Level 2
Dalarnas län, Sweden

Booked 4, more came

We have guests right now. They hahe booked and paid for 4. They came in the afternoon. They said one more car was coming. Later I asked if the other party would stay too and if so I would bring more bedlinen and towels, plus of course they would havecto pay extra directly to us. The answer I got was they would only visit. Perhaps stay this night, but I didn’ need bring anything!!! Not a word of compensation for beeing more than they have paid for. We charge extra for +4 guests. Clearly stated also so no mistake can be made. 

(In conversation before arrival they asked for extra blankets and pilliows. I told them each bed has two pillows plus blankets available. 

a second car had arrived and it’s soon 11 pm. Extremely rude and disrespectful!! 

What to do? First night of three. 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Inger191  Tell them the extra people have to leave. Now. 

I don't understand why you asked them if the other party would stay, too. When they said there was another car arriving, they needed to be told that was not acceptable- your max guest count is 4 and they booked for 4 and the other people need to find somewhere else to stay.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Inger191  Tell them the extra people have to leave. Now. 

I don't understand why you asked them if the other party would stay, too. When they said there was another car arriving, they needed to be told that was not acceptable- your max guest count is 4 and they booked for 4 and the other people need to find somewhere else to stay.

@Sarah977 

Som jag skrev så hade de frågat om extra filtar och kuddar innan de anlände. Det fick mej att lägga ihop 1 och 1 och därför frågade jag. Jag ville ju vara säker på att de bara skulle vara bokat antal och inte fler. Det kunde ju vara så att bil nr två bara skulle hälsa på och sen åka till sitt boende.

Jag är ny som Airbnb värd och vill inte gärna vara den otrevliga typen som skickar iväg dem. Vi har möjlighet att ta emot fler än 4 personer, med tillägg per person och natt. Det framgår när man bokar. Hade vi inte haft det så hade det naturligtvis varit en annan sak, även om jag försökt att lösa det. 

Efter att jag skickat ut mitt meddelande här så tog jag en "promenad" och då var bil nr två fortfarande kvar och två personer var ute och rökte, så då gick jag dit igen och vi löste det hela. I god ton. 

Kan man vara smidig så ska man väl vara det?!  Sen är det upp till gästerna att få dåligt samvete för att de inte spelade med öppna kort. Så tänker jag. Hade de försökt ljuga när jag gick fram på min till dem så hade jag inte accepterat det. Men de var väldigt vänliga och då ansåg jag att problemet var löst.