Booking cancellation

Debasis6
Level 1
Morden, Canada

Booking cancellation

Hi

I booked a condo almost 5 months ago..The host was Parul near Scarburough Town Center, Toronto. My flight is on 17 July towards Toronto, and i booked the Condo in February. Parul cancelled my booking on last Saturday, only 1 week before my vist.

I hope I will get my refund soon in my account. However I am in serious problem with my tour. She cancelled it but she didn't inform me before it.

I contacted Airbnb, they couldn’t reach Parul. Neither Parul or nor Airbnb could explain me a vaild reason for this cancellation. I paid full amount in 2 instalments.

I learnt that Airbnb doesn’t have a good control over their hosts. Airbnb support only could help me with a nominal amount of Coupon. However I could not book further with 3 times more amount than my budget, so typically I got no support.

I know that booking hotel is much expensive and I shall have to pay huge amount in transport for booking a different place. I am so fed up with Airbnb's policy.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Debasis6 sadly there are bad hosts who let down the many good hosts on Airbnb. To reduce risk when booking it is often best to

1) Choose a host where there are no 'cancelled by host' in their reviews

2) Perhaps choose a Superhost

3) Perhaps avoid the big commercial operators

4) Send your host a message when booking - If they don't respond then cancel and find somewhere else

None of the above infallible but it may help

Debasis6
Level 1
Morden, Canada

Hi

Thank you for the advice.

Before applying I checked that she was a superhost with good review. I gave her message and she responded well.

After cancelling, she also informed me but not with any satisfactory explanation.

I'm pointing out the blunt policies by Airbnb, I think they should have a better cancellation policy. They charged me according to schedules, and the last payment was on July 4 and cancelled my booking on 9th! This shouldn’t in hospitality industry. It has upset our whole family treacherously