Booking more than 12 months out

L94
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

Booking more than 12 months out

I'm trying to open my calendar up for a reservation 13 months out. The guests are experienced with longer AirBnB stays and suggested I send them an invitation for the dates they want to stay.  But I have no idea what they're talking about. 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@L94 

The guests probaby like to receive a special offer.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/35/sending-special-offers

But you can also open the dates manually on the calender for them to book (if your "availability window"  is set to 1  year).

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@L94,

I see that you have a flexible cancellation policy.  I recommend that you don't take a reservation so far into the future that will block your calendar for over one year, and allows the guest to cancel up to the day before scheduled arrival.  You may want to change your cancellation policy to firm or strict, at least temporarily for this reservation.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Debra300 

@L94 mentioned longer term stays, so I don't know if that's what the guests are trying to book. If so, and the stay is over 28 days, the long term policy will automatically apply and override the flexible policy. That means guests have to pay for the first month, but of course, they can still change their dates providing it's more than a month away (or ask the host after that).

Personally, I would be very worried taking a booking so far ahead and I would never opt for a flexible policy in the first place, but that's just me.