Broken Bed

Erica1225
Level 2
Woodland, CA

Broken Bed

Hello,

I've had 6 stays so far (new to Airbnb) and just had my first less-than-stellar guest experience. The group only checked in for one night but managed to break my bed frame (see image below) - luckily my cleaning person is going to be able to fix it, but I'm wondering about requesting money for the fix. Should I wait until they write a review (if they choose to do so) before requesting money? I'm afraid of getting a bad review if I ask too soon.

The guests also left candles burning and left the kitchen an absolute mess. I have already written their review but haven't received one yet. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Erica

bed.jpeg

16 Replies 16
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Luckily the guest was a handyman and has glued it all together again....

Emiel1_1-1638903850370.png

@Emiel1  It's always such a bonus when guests take it upon themselves to "fix" whatever they've damaged, isn't it? Like scrubbing their dog's poop stain off the antique carpet with bleach. 

I had a housesitter from hell once who emailed me a list of 20 things she wanted to "improve" around my place, the day after I left for Canada.

I emailed her back to keep the house clean, feed the dog, and refrain from changing anything at my house- everything was set up the way it was for a good reason, and that I had engaged her as a housesitter, not a lifestyle coach or handyman.