COMPLAINTS TO AIRBNB

Greyton-Bookings0
Level 2
Greyton, South Africa

COMPLAINTS TO AIRBNB

Hi there how do I make an official complaint to Airbnb? To AIRBNB not the Community??

I have had no joy in help from the community in resolving this issue.

Duplicate listings for the establishment I run online needs to be taken down. I get lots of useless help. I need swift action and not telephone numbers that do not work and pointless sorry emails from you all.

I am in touch with the profile owner that is hosting the duplicate listings. He cannot remove them as he no longer has access to the email or cell phone he setup the Airbnb profile with. He wants to remove it all but as he has no access to log in details, email or cell it is impossible.

SO the owner is happy to get involved, the Host of the duplicate account is available to help remove the site or give authorisation to remove the listings/profile yet still no help from Airbnb.

I am now sick to death of this as it is affecting our bookings.

I want help asap and not some AI or pre written messages. I want real help please. Human help.

10 Replies 10
Greyton-Bookings0
Level 2
Greyton, South Africa

This is a serious situation and we have tried for months to get some sort of closure on this profile for the profile owner with little positive help. Just to add.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

. Why would hosts on this community want to try to help you further when you start your post by disparaging the hosts who have tried to help you so far. @Greyton-Bookings0 

From the little information you post here, it appears that you have taken over a property , which a previous owner had an Airbnb listing on, which for some reason they failed to delete when you took the property over.

The issue of guests being confused by there being two listings is very much down to this former host and they are one who can resolve the situation  by talking to Airbnb to get access to their account so they can go in and delete the listing. 

I suggest you direct your frustration to the cause of the problem not to your fellow hosts who tried to help you. 

Firstly Helen, it is a fact that I cannot get any joy from the Airbnb company support team themselves, the people that actually get paid to support the users, myself etc.

I am a Super Host and have been for a while. I have been a Host for many years too.

Yes Helen we have tried 'Talking to Airbnb' that has not worked. I run the bookings for the owner on my profile now. We wish to remove the Host that hosted the listings for this establishment before. I represent the owner. I also am friends with the Host that has the listings he wishes to remove. 

Your post is not helpful at all. I would like someone to direct me to make an official complaint and get this profile removed with the actual help of the Host owner of the account.

I suggest you help me rather that post unhelpful comments. It is after all supposed to be 'Community Help'.

Thanks Helen!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I have helped you - even though you have insulted and disparaged my fellow hosts who tried to help you before @Greyton-Bookings0 

And now you are insulting me too ...and you talk about ‘community help’ - wow. 

Read my post again. I have advised you as to what needs to happen to get this issue resolved. 

Hi Helen no you have not advise me, I have told you already I have tried contacting Airbnb directly and they cannot help unless the Host can contact them and the telephone numbers they supply do not work from SA. 

There must be a direct email address to contact Airbnb. I know on Twitter and all over many Hosts complain about not being able to talk to qualified Airbnb staff.  Hence me taking months now with AI themed emails from Airbnb IF I can actually wangle an email to them. 

Is there a way of getting hold of them and not the community??

Hi there how do I make an official complaint to Airbnb? To AIRBNB not the Community??

As per my original post Helen.

@Greyton-Bookings0  This Community is a community of hosts and guests, not Airbnb support.  If hosts here knew of some magic hidden mechanism for contacting Airbnb directly, we'd all be doing it. 

If telephone numbers they give you don't work, it seems to me all you can do is try reaching them via social media to get the problem escalated. It also seems to me that the host who has the duplicate listing would have to do this, since I imagine there are security issues at work. 

Airbnb technical support does not read anything posted in this forum. 

@Greyton-Bookings0  The host who no longer has access to his account has to get in touch with Airbnb and regain access to his account.

The most effective way to get in touch with Airbnb is to send a direct message on Twitter to @Airbnbhelp.  That is what the other host needs to do.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Glad that you agree with my suggested solution @Ann72  of the original host working with Airbnb to access his account.

I don’t know why the SA customer services  numbers don’t work for him. 

Unfortunately  I don’t think @Greyton-Bookings0  wants to hear this even though it’s the only solution to his issue. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

You can't get Airbnb to close someone else's account any more than you could get a bank to close someone else's bank account. The previous host is the only one who can get his listing removed. Not sure what you don't understand about that.

@Greyton-Bookings0