COVID-19 Support Payments

Cynthia301
Level 2
United States

COVID-19 Support Payments

What a joke.....COVID-19 support payments from Airbnb; absurd!  Anyone else view this the same way?

I felt pressure from Airbnb the entire time to refund 100% of guest reservations with the promise of "shared financial burden" rhetoric from Airbnb.

I should have know better......

The 25% support payment amount is not calculated on the total amount of monies lost on "extenuating circumstance" cancelations. 25% is paid out on the amount which would have been refunded under normal "host set" refund policy. For us personally it works out to be 10% at best- as we operate with a "strick" refund policy for our guest reservations. 

I have suspended my (2) host accounts and will probably not be advertising with Airbnb again. 

17 Replies 17
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Claire338 If you haven't been paid yet then I suspect you didn't qualify. If you look at your reservations and then click on cancelled the cancellations will show if you qualified or not for a payout. If you did qualify then its a call to Airbnb as most people have been paid already (albeit a very small amount and typically only for those with a strict cancellation policy)

Al129
Level 2
Belvèze, France

I would be interested to hear whether anyone with a flexible refund policy (airbnb's default) has received ANY support payments? We had three cancellations who were due to travel in the window of shutdown here in France. But because we have a flexible booking policy (something Airbnb recommends everyone do) the bookings say that they are not applicable. So even though the guest could not have legally travelled, @Airbnb counts the cancellation as business as usual and nothing to do with covid? 

André1035
Level 1
Curitiba, Brazil

The support payments policy (not applicable for check-in after 31 May 2020) does not match the Americas and Africa's reality. In short, you have created a program that benefits only the European community and forgets that AIRBNB should be a worldwide community. Preach a policy of inclusion, but still treat us as colonies.