COVID-19 refund

Alex9155
Level 1
Hamden, CT

COVID-19 refund

Hi! There are 2 Airbnb stays I sadly had to cancel because I tested positive for COVID. The first was in San Francisco (Confirmation code **) and the second was in Crescent City (**). I booked both stays on May 22, 2022, and sadly had to cancel them on May 31 due to my positive test result. Since I booked before May 31, 2022 (https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2823/does-the-extenuating-circumstances-policy-apply-to-my-reser...), I'm really hoping you might be able to help me receive a full refund for these stays (Elmer, the Crescent City host, suggested you might be able to help me if I reach out!). The hosts have been incredible (such nice people!) and both offered me the amount of refund they were able to per their policies. But it would be so helpful for me right now if Airbnb was able to issue me the full refund. I'm happy to provide documentation of my positive test result if that would be helpful.

My apologies for reaching out so late after the cancellation - despite being vaccinated, it's been a long recovery process. I so appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your help!

Best,

Alex **

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alex9155 

This is not Airbnb itself, but the community. You need to contact Airbnb for this issue.

Please note: when you cancel a reservation, the attached cancellation policy will automatically calculate the refund (If any). Without intervention of the host.

If you cancelled because of COVID, you had the option to select this reason in the cancellation process (until end of May). After that Airbnb would have asked you for documents to proof.

Removing-COVID19-as-an-extenuating-circumstance

Alex9155
Level 1
Hamden, CT

Ah got it, thanks @Emiel1 !