COVID19 AND THE DESTRUCTION BY AIRBNB OF HOSTS, OWNERS, AGENTS AND PROPERTY MANAGERS.

Jeffery5
Level 8
Wilton Manors, FL

COVID19 AND THE DESTRUCTION BY AIRBNB OF HOSTS, OWNERS, AGENTS AND PROPERTY MANAGERS.

So what happens after you bankrupt your hosts with your incredibly unfair COVID19 POLICY? This company has the most amazingly flawed policies of any company ever. You love to sign your song of equality for everyone. Oh right, except hosts, owners, agents, and property managers who sustain your business. No, they are not included in this "spread the love" culture of Airbnb. Yes you may be loved by your guests who you cater to financially every day. But many hosts and owners HATE dealing with Airbnb. Words are only words. Actions tell the truth. We know your truth. We live it every day with Airbnb.

We have trouble seeing why, in a worldwide crisis, all of a sudden, Airbnb (playing the role of God) decides that all hosts and owners should be damned into financial distruction, to save the lives of guests. Maybe Airbnb has forgotten that we are people too.

In life, as adults, we are suppose to be responsible. We insure our homes, cars, health and everything else. And in 2020 almost everyone insures travel. But Airbnb has made it very clear over the past years that it is not necessary for any guests to act responsibly. Guest now know that Airbnb will stab their owners in the back day after day to make sure the guest comes out on top. Why would you be responsible and insure yourself when you know from past experience that Airbnb will refund all your money taken right out of the owner bank accounts.

What you are doing is horrific. I don't even know how many tens of thousands of dollars this has already cost me. And with $1,500,000 in mortgages, guessing I won't be around for the next round. Most mortgage companies like to be paid. Airbnb could care less about what happens to their owners. What goes around comes around. Pathetic!

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jeffery5 

I'm not sure you can really blame Airbnb for the rather awful pandemic. Their extenuating circumstances policy was always clear and applying it when guests are literally unable to travel doesn't seem unreasonable. One has to hope that this policy did encourage guests to book in the first place.

That is NOT to say that I like their EC policy but we all agreed to it when life was easy. I guess that for those who are effectively small business owners they should  risk-assess the terms of the STR platform they are using and decide if it should be used or not.

Jeffery5
Level 8
Wilton Manors, FL

I’m sorry, but where in my post did you read that I was blaming Airbnb for the pandemic?

Carol302
Level 7
Winchcombe, GB

Please just don't accept ANY guest from ANYWHERE at ANY TIME until this pandemic ends. We need to keep ourselves safe. Join Airbnb Hosts United on Facebook for sensible discussions amongst hosts.

Adriano78
Level 10
Seville, Spain

@Jeffery5  thank you! you resume very well the situation.