Can I extend my stay as a guest even when there are other reservations booked already for the same place?

Can I extend my stay as a guest even when there are other reservations booked already for the same place?

We are a guest staying at a nice condominium and would like to extend our stay for a few more weeks. However, there are other guests- apart from ourselves- that have made reservations for those weeks that we desire. Can a host change/extend our stay despite having other guest's reservations before we check out? Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Aaron-J2 the obvious answer is no. why would a host double book the accommodation?

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Aaron-J2  No.  No host in their right mind would cancel existing reservations, where the host has to take multiple penalties, on the chance that a current guest would rebook those same dates. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Aaron-J2  Seriously? How would you like it if you had a confirmed reservation somewhere and the host cancelled it just because the previous guests wanted to stay longer?

What an entitled attitude.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Aaron-J2   The system will not allow you to extend your stay while there are dates that are currently booked.  As mentioned by other hosts, no host would have incentive to honor your request however, if you have flexibility and options for staying elsewhere, you might be able to negotiate with the host about booking the available dates.  One thing to consider is that  your current long term booking costs are usually much lower than short stays due to a long term discount.  So it might be a better financial deal to find another place to stay for a longer continuous stay.