Can a cancelled review be reinstated?

Can a cancelled review be reinstated?

Hi there

I had a terrible guest review cancelled by an airbnb ambassador for lack of content and more on February the 7th 2022.

Today I received a message from an ambassador I've never spoken to saying they are reinstating the review!

How does this happen?

Doesn't this go against everything Airbnb stands for as far as empowering trusted ambassadors to make decisions on behalf of Airbnb.

It's almost one month later.

I asked to speak to the person who contacted me and he said he was on break now for two days.

I've hosted 180 guests and been a 17 time airbnb super host with one 4 star review.

Is there someone else I can speak to instead of getting passed around from one ambassador to another.

Thanks Joanne

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Joanne246 Simple answer is YES - A review can be reinstated. If a guest (or host) sees their review has been removed they can ask for it to reinstated. If it complies with the review policy it will be reinstated.

So who do I speak to next?  Is there a moderator who gets involved in these situations?
It took a lot of work to have the review pulled down last February after a couple of ambassadors reviewed it , acknowledged it went  against airbnbs ‘content’ policy and stated that most of the review made no sense.
Since then I’ve had another five star review left by another guest.

The review that was deleted was full of personal attacks on my character even though this guest stayed with me for a year extending her stay every three months.