Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Cancelling a guest

Mohsin12
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Cancelling a guest

I only like to open my calendar for 3 months at a time and for some reason, my wife opened it saying it was a mistake for the next 6 months. During the short period it was opened we had a guest book in july at a time it will be really busy and I could get double the price for it. How do I cancel without accruing a penalty? 

3 Replies 3

@Mohsin12  Why shouldn't you get a penalty? It's not the guest's fault that you and your wife made a mistake, and the fact that you feel you could get more profit is an awfully selfish reason to spoil their plans.

You might consider turning off instant Book until you've learned the ropes with this platform. In the meantime, you can chalk this one up to learning experience. 

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Yeah @Mohsin12 - @Anonymous tells it like it is.

Lesson learned 🙂

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Mohsin12 

Airbnb expects us as hosts to keep our listings up to date including our prices. As others have mentioned why should the guest be penalised because you didn't review your pricing when you opened up your calendar.

I would take this as a lesson learned and always make sure you review your pricing when opening up your calendar.

If you cancel, Airbnb will block the dates, so you might as well keep the booking you have.