Changing everything

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Changing everything

I have snoozed my listing and decided to cancel all upcoming reservations that remain. The message from Airbnb said penalty free cancellations, so I did the first one by myself.  However,  it sits in my review collection as a host  cancellation and counts towards the cancellation number for getting delisted or whatever. So I rang support for them to cancel the rest, but he couldn't. Now it is escalated to a supervisor. I thought the message was clear, global free host and guest cancellations from 14th March? Waiting to hear from them, or any of you in same situation .

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sandra126  They are obviously totally discombobulated right now. Yes, the info they put out said hosts and guests could cancel penalty free without having to contact Airbnb. But there are apparently some glitches- I should hope they will reverse the penalties for you eventually, but it may take awhile- they are like chickens with their heads cut off at the moment and the policies keep changing every few days. 

Keep at them and keep us updated.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Sandra126 

Did the cancellation in question have a check-in date after April 14? 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

No, tomorrow. As I have a lot of bookings co.ing up and do t want to be delisted or have 25 host cancelled messages on my reviews page I am waiting for a callback for air to fix. I want all of them cancelled, April and beyond as well. This will be at least 6 months. 

Yeah. Good luck with that. My 75 year old friend and her hubby, who is receiving cancer treatment at the moment, have been trying for the past 4 days to cancel all their upcoming homeshare bookings for the coming months (10 in total), and is meeting with serious resistance from Airbnb. But who knows, perhaps you might have better luck with CX than they're currently having.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

But if it's trickle fed, 1 months cancellation followed by one month we will be in trouble for forward planning. Most of mine are before June, and I see no end in sight. I live with an immune compromised person.