One of those days...

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

One of those days...

Hello All, 

Hope you are all well. 

In light of the madness and insane level of anxiety happening around us, would like to share the below- hope it brings a smile to your face and a lightness to your heart. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luxury-Andrex-Toilet-Paper/283817095350?hash=item4214d130b6:g:6wIAAOSwc99...

Screenshot 2020-03-16 at 23.54.34.png

Side note: thank god its "new" 

For those of you struggling, remember that this too shall pass and better days are coming. Statistically you have survived 100%  of everything life has thrown your way. Without any doubt, logically, you are stronger than you would ever give yourself credit for being. Keep on going and stay safe. 

Yadira 🙂

28 Replies 28
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your post made me really laugh @Yadira22. Laughter is so good for the soul and it's a healthy thing we all need at the moment. So please keep your posts coming. Maybe we could have a daily things that made us laugh...

....i wonder how much the non-luxury version is going for?? : ) 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Yadira22 @Lizzie 

Great find!

I had a go at bidding. 

I bid twice before realising that it was a two day despatch and then second class post.

It might take 5 days to get here.

I can't wait that long!

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Yadira22 

Right now there are 13 bids and the price is at 3.20 british pounds for one sheet of toilet paper.

Some people must be in desperate need of this product.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Ute42 

That £3.20 outbid me !

Some are more desperate than others.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

220141737_itsforyourowngood.thumb.jpg.a12c8e7970307531a1d61b948d8dfb61.jpg

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yadira22_1-1584652100061.jpeg

Right on @Yadira22 ! 

Thanks for posting this @Sarah977 , I was trolling through my twitter feed trying to find it myself. I had such a good laugh with it! 

@Yadira22, I’ve bought a bidet seat from our local Bunnings, that should be “click and collect” in a couple of days.  I’m sick of trying to find toilet paper, and decided I’d save my golden toot rolls in case of family visitors or Airbnb. What’s more, the grand kids, one 6 year old in particular has had educational tutoring by her dad, on limiting her routine amount. I’ve also restricted her tissue use, as he plays with them!   Tough times....

So be warned crumplers, folders with technical folding and accuracy are winning this argument at the time. A new skill is developing behind closed doors.  ;). 

@Cathie19  It's not just the crumplers- there are some people who wrap about a yard of toilet paper around their hand.

@Sarah977 

Now Sarah, that’s a vision that will help me smile through my day..

Love this!  I took a pic to text to some friends/family! lol

Good to include some humor in tough times such as these.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

As I just paused hosting, I have spare toilet paper. I would post you some but I'm not going to the post office for a few Months, if you can wait that long @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

@Sandra126 

Risky.... Getting a consignment like that through customs might cause a riot !

Thanks anyway.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Such desperate measures here for toilet roll that a friend of ours who has an allotment has started using lettuce leaves. Thats just the tip of the Iceberg!