Charging a guest for stained sheets and late checkout

Hannah643
Level 2
Revelstoke, Canada

Charging a guest for stained sheets and late checkout

Hi, I just had a guest check out and there looks to be some blood and red wine stains on the pillows. Not a little bit a lot, like it was spat out on 2 of the pillows. Do I charge the guest for this? And how do I do that? Also the same guest was late checking out, which meant the cleaners had to wait for them to leave and then had to come back later to finish the job. I’ll have to pay the cleaners extra for this. Do I charge that to the guest too? 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Hannah643 A lot of hosts take a small amount of revenue from each booking and use it to fund things like this. For small amounts I am afraid any claim will not be worth it as it will likely cause you to get a bad review.

Others may disagree with this pragmatic approach.

You may also disagree as you will be rightly angry at this guest!

Matthew1198
Level 2
Redmond, OR

In my opinion, you should charge the guest for these the rates that are set are for the experience - not to cover damages or lack of following rules. 

I've had a guest checkout very late. Airbnb has been horrible in supporting their hosts. Even though the guest agreed to pay, Airbnb support had not been helpful in collecting the fees. I do not feel confident that Airbnb supports their hosts...