City of the Month September 2024: Vancouver ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

City of the Month September 2024: Vancouver ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

2ba96798_original (1).jpg

Hi community ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the eighth edition of our "City of the Month" series!

This September, weโ€™re turning our attention to Vancouver ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ, a city renowned for its breathtaking landscapes and vibrant urban life. 

Between the sparkling Pacific Ocean and the rugged Coast Mountains, Vancouver is a true gem. Its diverse neighborhoods offer a delightful mix of cultural experiences, from the bustling markets of Granville Island to the tranquil paths of Stanley Park. Whether you're an outdoor enthusiast or a city explorer, Vancouver has something to captivate you. ๐Ÿ‘€

Have you recently visited Vancouver or are you hosting there?

Share your experiences and any hidden treasures youโ€™ve found in the city with us below! ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿฝ

And, while you're at it, take a guess at which cities are topping our list for the most popular destinations among our community members in 2024! 

Thank you for your time. ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
9 Replies 9
Adeola19
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

@Elisa Vancouver is beautiful, some of my favourite places include Spanish banks, Kitsilano beach, English bay. If you are ever in Vancouver, make sure to do the fly over Canada, the boat cruises. Also try to visit Squamish and Whistler while you are at it.

Finally, try not to visit in the rainy months, or you'll absolutely hate the experience!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Adeola19, Thanks so much for sharing! Thatโ€™s really interesting.

Iโ€™ve been living in the Vancouver area for about two years now, and I chose to settle in Port Moody mainly to be close to the mountains. I love hiking in the rain, and my family and I are avid mountain bikers. The great thing about living here is that you can mountain bike almost year-round with the right gear!

I completely agree with youโ€”Squamish and Whistler are absolutely stunning. Do you have any recommendations for things to do when visiting those areas?

Looking forward to hearing from you ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Paula, you are absolutely right about the mountain biking year round. I usually bike through the Pacific Spirit park anytime of the year, I just need to wear protective clothing during rainy months and I am good.

In whistler and Squamish, mountain biking, riding the Sea to Sky Gondola, snowboarding, and skiing are some of the great attractions around there.

There are also a couple of waterfalls you can hike up to.

Beautiful all round experiences I must say.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

@Adeola19, thatโ€™s amazing! I havenโ€™t visited Pacific Spirit Park yet, but Iโ€™ll definitely check it out this weekend while the weather is nice ๐Ÿ˜Š

Iโ€™m really excited about all the activities you mentioned. As an outdoor enthusiast, I couldnโ€™t agree moreโ€”Squamish feels like a dream come true. I took this picture of a famous mountain in Squamish. Do you recognize it? ๐Ÿ˜Š

1.png

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Qiuju1
Level 1
Coquitlam, Canada

Hi @Elisa ,

it is a good to be a host in COQUITLAM,my property located in Burke mountain,the community has many trails ,covered by forest, also near to sea, my neighbors are friendly and quiet,My guests rave about it and really enjoy the community feel, easy to town  and highway,I  enjoyed to sever my guests well, and my guests gave me back all 5 reviews, so beautiful city should be known ,as a member of Airbnb community,I always think it is good community that guests and host are equal, Guests left their reviews that they roved my hard work,I hope more people get to know our community and my listing,

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Qiuju1,I really enjoy Burke Mountainโ€”I'm there at least twice a week. The last time I went, I visited the falls. Have you had a chance to check them out? Hereโ€™s a picture I took:

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 3.13.16โ€ฏPM.png

โ€ƒ

Do your guests usually do these hikes? Iโ€™d love to hear more about your experiences.

Looking forward to your response ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Deneen12
Level 1
North Vancouver, Canada

Iโ€™m a host in North Vancouver, 15 minutes to Grouse Mountain for excellent skiing in the winter and only 25 minutes to the center of Vancouver. 
Vancouver is great to visit year round.
Some fall events that I recommend are;

The Fringe Festival (September)-celebrates independent and emerging artists 

Canucks Hockey Games

Vancouver International Film Festival (October)-features hundreds of feature films, shorts, talks and conferences from some of the best cinema and creative voices from around the globe.

Grouse Mountain- hiking, zip line, wildlife refuge 

Sea plane tours with Harbour Air are affordable and give an amazing view of Vancouver, the mountains and the islands from above

Also check out live music at Guilt and Co. and Frankieโ€™s Jazz Club

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Deneen12,  North Vancouver is truly amazingโ€”it's like a dream! The natural beauty is stunning, and I absolutely love the views of the ocean and city from various spots ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you for the recommendations on fall activities. Do you often suggest activities in the area to your guests? Have you considered creating a guidebook for them?

There are so many beautiful things to explore in North Van! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Deneen12
Level 1
North Vancouver, Canada

Hi Paula 

yes you are right North Vancouver is amazing.

i have created a guidebook but find most guests donโ€™t read it ๐Ÿคฃ but they will ask me for recommendations.

take care 

Deneen