Clara's first trip to a Community Leaders Airbnb Host Summit 2022 - Atlanta Georgia

Answered!
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

Clara's first trip to a Community Leaders Airbnb Host Summit 2022 - Atlanta Georgia

@Stephanie 

We were holding our breath about being about to fly to the Summit and also dealing with Hurricane Ian....Thanks to all those dear folks on CC that checked on me by private message and post. I'm fine and we were totally safe from the storm.  We are located in the upper western corner of Florida called the Gulf Coast and usually we are the direct hit/ target for the big hurricanes. What a blessing we were spared this time. We pray and hope for all those less fortunate and suffering with the loss of everything esp. those that lost their lives. Hello from Clara super host, community leaderHello from Clara super host, community leaderthe groupthe groupThose very cool Airbnb love socksThose very cool Airbnb love socks

#atlairbnbhostsummit #Atlantahostsummit What a sensational summit in Atlanta! Each and every detail was choreographed with such precision, love and care. The best part for me...was the chance to finally meet, greet and connect in person with those that I so respect, count on and continually learn from. Especially Collin Ronan, Ashley Williams & Jonny Stryon.  Many thanks to all the managers, leaders, and all those involved that shared such joy, Airbnb Love and made my heart smile.

Clara116_0-1664926911753.png

Clara116_1-1664926911754.png

1 Best Answer

It was so wonderful meeting  you and all the other Community Leaders and Superhost Ambassadors!

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

It was so wonderful meeting  you and all the other Community Leaders and Superhost Ambassadors!

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Clara116 sad that we were not invited. Let alone being downunder. Happy that you enjoyed your Airbnb conference. Maybe there are some exciting tips, secret inside knowledge or hot gossip. 

@Laurelle3 I was so curious after reading your comment - are you part of a local community group with Airbnb?? Since you are so active on CC here, getting involved and having meet ups and such locally is really special and also being on FB with local groups that are private is really cool. 

Yes, it would be lovely to meet all of you for sure. Well, you know Airbnb is always evolving and we have to keep up on it and lean into and figure ways that work for us. Especially since the pandemic and everything shifting....esp. with guests, my opinion, people are traveling that never have and lots need to be schooled on how to be great guests!  

Oh, this summit was for community leaders and ambassadors with tenure and much group interaction, plus plus. 

Maybe we will one day meet in our life journeys....till then we'll count on our CC zooms and fun times in front of our screens.

Best and blessings, Clara

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Clara116 yes I belong to our local FB Airbnb page which the moderators put an item of interest or topics from CC forum out evey couple of weeks. I try to add a positive comment but find that there is little interest from other members. The FB group is mainly used for asking questions to some of rule changes for world wide Airbnb. Do people have private insurance. Cleaners are hard to employ, their quality of clean and what do people pay. I think our moderators are doing a good to bring the topics to interested hosts.

Our NSW Government has put in registration which required fire safety standards last year. This year is is about is your property legally built and passed by councils. The total of nights guests can stay with different catagories for living onsite hosts and non hosted properties. This is leading to not enough housing for renting and people changing to Airbnb or Short stays. This has had interesting discussions on the page. At least this page is not to negative to other hosts.

I belong to one of the Australian FB Airbnb pages for tips and ideas. This page can be a bit negative at times towards people who write a comment. I mostly read and say nothing. 

I have made a link up with one our local hosts for lunch and a tour of my cottage with afternnon tea and will be a return visit soon. 

I think the CC forum page is an interest to me because of my past travels and I am interested what is being offered and what is happening in different countries around the world with a common interest "Hosting". I would like to think that I have met people on the zoom meetings who are like minded and I have met wonderful Admin helpers, @Stephanie @Quincy,@Emilie @Jenny and @Sybe.

Kate510
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

It was wonderful to meet the community!  Great to finally meet Collin!  Humbled to be part of a great group!  Look forward to continuing the conversation and supporting each other.  Thank you!!!