Cleanliness issues

Sandra1668
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

Cleanliness issues

I just had my first terrible Airbnb experience. We travel all over the world and for the past 8 plus years of using airbnbs have never had an issue until now. I want everyone to learn from my mistakes. One thing to note is to stay at places where are lots of good reviews. She just started her Airbnb recently and was cashing in on the busy summer tourist traffic and had only 3 reviews. The property was a renovation project, there was a room ( probably was supposed to be locked but was open) with paint, materials, all over the room…a frame with a single bed, no mattress on it…the other room upstairs that you would pass by onto the terrace had a single bed, no bedding on it, nothing else in the room.. the floors had paint spatters everywhere, dishwasher door was full of mineral deposit, as well as soap scum. The kitchen sink was the worst, red paint and food matter on the plug, empty bottle under the couch, bathtub that needs deglazed as there were lots of chips, broken tile under the bathtub, crumpled up table runner on the table that would have been happy to see an iron..package of opened shingles lying on the roof. Materials and rubbish lying around the carport, with wood planks and nails. We never even stayed for one night. I should have taken way more photos and videos, but it was dark outside when we got there. The host took 4 hours to reply after me calling her twice, then promised one nights refund both in writing and verbally. I have yet to see a penny. Airbnb can’t do anything without the proof. All the while I was there organizing my fathers funeral, so was not thinking straight, but the greediness and selfishness of this host will never be forgotten and she ignored my emails. You can’t do anything without the proof, and unfortunately the host calls the shots which is not fair, but that the way their “policies” go. I have never had any bad reviews, never left any negatives ones until now as I don’t want to hurt their future business, but this was just too much to not post one and I hope she learns a lesson as well. 

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sandra1668   What were the pictures of?  Did anything in the listing match the accommodation?   Did you have Airbnb cancel for false advertising?