Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Cockroach Pomona nightmare

Cockroach Pomona nightmare

Hi everyone,

Rented for 3 night stay in a 3 bedroom home garden in Pomona. This was suppose to be a sentimental trip for Father’s Day as a family member had passed away to reunite with family.

Upon my arrival the place looked clean and organized. To my surprise during our stay finding cockroaches in the master bathroom, living room and around the front porch of the home was a horrifying surprise.

Killing multiple Cockroaches are my worst nightmare especially when you have an infant baby with you. This was suppose to be an enjoyable family trip but this house definitely fell short.

Lastly they had cut our trip short when we agreed! to an extended checkout at 4:30 and said they wouldn’t touch our things till our arrival back and wouldn’t be charged. We came back to our things in a garage thrown into trash bags with broken belongings. As they said they tried to contact me they did not and called me from a no caller ID phone number. Any person would find that highly suspicious and not answer. When they did finally call from a normal number mind you their check out time is 10:30 we didn’t get a phone call or follow up text till 3:30 in the afternoon also saying they charged me $300 By someone who wasn’t even the owner of the home. No refund was received to me after this trip and I was deeply saddened.

My host Eva was a nice welcoming person but there is no way on earth I could recommend this place. Especially after the way we were treated by the other co-host. I hope this review helps others, protect your family and prevent stress God bless.

Sincerely,

Marti

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Martinque0 

Did you and your host alter (shortened) your booking on Airbnb platform? 

Did you get a confirmation message from Airbnb that you will be refunded for unused nights?

If so, then you have to wait about 10 days until the refund came to your bank account.