Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday April 24th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday April 24th

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 13.05.33.png

Hello team,

I hope the start of your week is going ok. 

I'm pleased to let you know the next EN speaking Community Center social which is taking place on Friday April 24th, 10PM UK time*

* New York - Friday April 24th, 5pm

* San Fran - Friday April 24th, 2pm

* Darwin - Saturday April 25th, 6.30am

* Sydney - Saturday April 25th, 7am

* Seoul - Saturday April 25th, 6am  

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUuc-iurTgvHdxe1GYH2cTn6yPua9PT11jU 

Once registered you will receive a confirmation email with the details. 

(I'll share a How to guide, shortly for those of you who aren't sure about how to join a Zoom call.) 

Sorry to those in APAC, we will be back on a friendly timezone for you next time. 

For those of you who are unsure what these meetups are about, they are a great way to speak with other community members about all kinds of topics, it's very relaxed and it's just nice to speak with others from the Community Center. The conversation isn't Airbnb specific. It would be lovely to see you. 

Last week was hat themed week (as you can see from the photo). In our last meetup, we talked about our next theme, and correct me if I am wrong but we thought it could be craft related. So to make this a little bit more open, I thought we could show or talk about something that we have created ourselves, so if you are knitting something or if you are renovating your kitchen you could show that. This is of course optional, but it's a great talking point.  

If you have any questions or ideas on what we can do in our socials please do share below or send me a message. : )

Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing you then.

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Ria16 , @Helen3@Trudi15@Helen350@Mike-And-Helen0@Yvonne609@Rondi8@Dianne244,  @Kath9 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

30 Replies 30

@Lizzie 1970.....Oaxaca, Mexico with Zapatac Indians1970.....Oaxaca, Mexico with Zapatac IndiansFrom the Ground Up Community Garden - PensacolaFrom the Ground Up Community Garden - PensacolaFrom the Ground Up GardenFrom the Ground Up GardenFrom the Ground Up GardenFrom the Ground Up Garden

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Give my best to everyone, @Lizzie, but 10 is a little past my bedtime (I'm a very early riser). Have fun!

@Gordon0 Bummer Gordon.... sorry u will miss it. Take care, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww totally understandable @Gordon0. Next week will be a more friendly time for us Brits–so I look forward to maybe seeing you then. 

I hope your week has been ok, will speak to you soon. 

Sleep well. : )

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie I wanted to share these pics from 1970 - where I learned weaving.....and then to last week at the community garden in Pensacola, Fl. were I was asked to weave something - a start on the frame loom for the local From The Ground Up Community Garden in Pensacola. And this week my husband and I built me a loom in our garden and I've began to play with it just today - haven't finished decorating but I will show the group during our meeting if you guys wanna see......its fun, relaxing and out in the sunshine in our backyard garden. Makes the stay at home not so bad. Till soon, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Those photos are amazing @Clara116, can't wait to hear all about it. 

--------------------

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sorry @Lizzie , can’t today! Next week I will be there!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for letting me know @Roberta2, looking forward to seeing you next week. I hope you are keeping well and safe. 

I hope you are having a relaxing Friday evening. Speak to you soon. 

--------------------

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Can't join meeting - it wants meeting id.....

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Helen350 

Just dropped you a message, hopefully get you in soon!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Such a fun group! Thanks for all the smiles during the chat. Perfect way to perk up on  a dreary rainy day in Kansas City. 🙂

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Missed it sorry, will next time. Been v busy, not been online sorry @Lizzie . 

I'd love to see more photos of crafts you did and of things everyone shared during the call earlier today :-)))) Unlike my sisters..... I've never been very artsy or crafty. 

I was up till 2am binge-watching on my laptop in bed and got up past noon today...... my morning coffee today wasn't even in the morning~ lol~

Hope everyone is having a great weekend~ I'm about to head out for my daily walk and pick up some food for dinner on the way back. 

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0,  @Clara116@Christine615@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie@Quincy@Gordon0@Sandra126@Ria16 , @Helen3@Trudi15@Helen350@Mike-And-Helen0@Yvonne609@Rondi8@Dianne244,  @Kath9@Lizzie 

Today I ventured out farther than usual for my daily walk - my excuse was..... my car needed gas and there are no gas stations on my route from here to the office :-)))) 

For work, I often stay at a small city near Busan during the week. We have a couple national holidays coming up and it didn't make sense for me to go home to Seoul this weekend since I'd be heading home on Wednesday for the Korean version of "golden week".

The company-furnished apartment I stay at while I'm down here is only a 20~25 min drive from the nearest coast and thought...... a change of scenery would be nice. The area I visited today is Jinhae - which is famous for it's cherry blossoms and also home to one of our major naval bases and the Korean Naval Academy. 

2020-04-26 (1).jpg

2020-04-26.jpg

2020-04-26 (2).jpg

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Im sorry I missed this weeks get-together, I had every intention on attending but got dragged away at the last minute.   Will definitely try to make it next week, stay well all, JR