Community Commitment Charter - ***DO NOT PRESS DECLINE!***

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Community Commitment Charter - ***DO NOT PRESS DECLINE!***

There's currently a sitewide glitch in the system that is preventing users from signing in when they try to sign up to the Community Commitment Charter. A workaround that has worked for some is by going directly to

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting

***DO NOT PRESS DECLINE***

This has led to many hosts having their accounts cancelled. and all their upcoming bookings cancelled also. 

@Lizzie @Stephanie @Quincy 

Can you try to get some sort of official statement from Airbnb on this issue, on what they are doing to rectify it, and on when we can expect the situation to be resolved please? 

Also, as this is Airbnb's own Community Centre - and this known "glitch" (amongst many others) has been causing untold panic and hardship amongst the host community -  why has no acknowledgement or solution been posted here from the company already? 

Airbnb has a moral and ethical responsibility to its community to keep them informed of issues/bugs/"glitches" that negatively affect their income, their livelihoods and their ability to operate. As such, the company has a duty to warn and update us of any malfunctions that are occurring at any given time. There should be a dedicated section of the Community Centre where they do so, and where hosts can easily go to find out about these issues, rather than being left completely in the dark. 

33 Replies 33
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jennifer1421 

Jennifer, in my working life I owned a mechanical services company, we employed 27 personnel and we had more than 2,000 clients on the books. The first thing each day was to sift through the manufacturers  bulletin boards and post one of our own for each of our servicemen to consult and take note of while doing their service rounds for the day.

Jen, it was just common sense, and headed off most of the problems we would be likely to encounter. 

It is just extremely frustrating that Airbnb do not consider it is worth keeping their bread and butter informed on issues which might impact them. 

It's an arrogance that comes from the top.....the culture within the company is not right. 

I would love to use Qantas, Australia's nation airline for our air travel but, my wife Ade does not have the use of her legs any more and has to travel with a gopher, a mobility scooter! 

If we try to book a flight with Qantas they say...."Nah, we don't handle those, hire one at the other end"! So we fly with Virgin! Not only do Virgin accept gophers they let Ade ride her gopher to the door of the aircraft and staff will then put her gopher down in the hold. At the other end she is last off the plane, but her gopher is their on the airbridge waiting for her!

Good vibes come from the top, so do bad vibes....Alan Joyce, the CEO of Qantas receives 1 million dollars per fortnight to run the company, his emphasis is on money! Virgin look after the reason they are in business.....their passengers.

Can you perhaps see any similarities there Jennifer!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4Often true, Rob - a corporation's culture comes directly from the top.

It is, as you say, common sense to keep people informed...and it could only result in increasing trust in the platform. I was happy to see @Stephanie's post above, that they're considering a daily bulletin for inclusion. Fingers crossed that this happens!

By the way, Rob, we have a similar airline story in Canada - our national carrier (Air Canada) has proven time and time again that they have no interest in accommodating their clientele, so long as their (higher than everyone else's) fees roll in. An upstart called West Jet began in 1996. Their difference? Profit sharing. They've put their people first, not their executives. It's lead them to receive Waterhouse's "most Admired Corporate Culture" award, and their growth has been solid. Most Canadians seem to prefer flying with them over AC, precisely because their flight crews are legitimately happy in their work.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jennifer1421 

To give you an idea of the culture in Virgin, on a flight to Sydney, when landing the pilot came out of the cockpit and shook hands with every passenger who walked off the front door of that aircraft....I am not kidding. Ade is always last off the plane but as the cabin cleared there was this one little boy about 12 years old just ahead of us, and as he came up to leave, the captain shook his hand and said to him..."I bet you would like to drive the plane"!  The little guy said yeah, would he ever,  so the pilot took him into the cockpit. Next he looked at me and said..."I guess you would like to fly the plane too?" I said to him, "you can't do that" and he said...."Try me"!

He pulled us in the cockpit whacked his hat on my head.......

IMG20170617133949.jpg

Virgin Australia have a marvelous culture, nothing is too much trouble and they all go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home.

Don't think the co-pilots hat sits well on Ade's head!!!

Cheers.....Rob

Fantastic story, @Robin4, and I love the photo! Did they give you both a set of lapel wings, too? 🙂