Community Spotlight: Stratos9

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Spotlight: Stratos9

Luci_puntate_su.png

Hey everyone,

It’s time for an extra special spotlight! We’re shining a light on the amazing Host Club leader and Superhost Ambassador, @Stratos9 ! ! You may remember him from his enthusiastic entry to last year's Festival of Hospitality video (Visit Greece, of course!). Let’s get to know him and his Hosting journey a little more!

Stephanie_1-1675345873976.png

Stephanie_4-1675345874096.jpeg

Stephanie_5-1675345874089.jpeg

Alta Mare City View Luxury Apt, Zakynthos Greece (photo Stratos Zafeiriadis)

How long have you been hosting for and why did you first start?

Hello! It all started a few years ago, in 2014, when I rented the house my parents had and welcomed my first guests. I was always excited by communication and getting to know people from other countries and from a young age I had an appeal to show the visitors who came to my island, Zakynthos, what Greek hospitality means!!!

Tell us a little about your listing

I started renting my family house during the Greek economic crisis and we needed extra income. One house became two, two became more after I expanded to Athens. To tell you the truth, I buy old properties and I try to give them life providing job opportunities to the unemployed youngsters of Athens and Zakynthos while they get involved in the renovation process and the long term management! (see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uboa0_O927M&ab_channel=StratosZafeiriadis ) My purpose is to fill houses with people, smiles and happy moments. Guests are my priority! I would single out my home in Zakynthos, Alta Mare City View Luxury Apartment because it is a place that calms and enchants me. It's my habit to wake up around 06.00 to see the sunrise!!!! A unique moment that remains indelible in mine and every visitor's memory.

What does the word community mean to you? Give us some examples of being part of any community (here you can talk about volunteering in general)

Being part of a community is something that fascinates me. Since I was young, I have participated in volunteer groups helping the needy and homeless people as well as volunteer groups in various sporting events. So I participated in social kitchen actions (distributing food to the homeless) and as a volunteer in the special Olympics and in other events such as social actions on my island Zakynthos (eg picking up garbage from the most famous attraction of my island, the Shipwreck) and a lot of other activities.

Stephanie_6-1675345874157.jpeg

Shipwreck beach, Zakynthos Greece from drone (Photo by Stratos Zafeiriadis)

How long have you been part of the Airbnb Community and why did you join?

For about 2 years now! I have been involved with the community since 2015 and when I was given the opportunity to join the official community I couldn't refuse it. It was an honor for me and I was very happy to join the community and even from the position of community leader.

Tell us about being a Hostclub leader what does entail?

It is a great honor for me but at the same time a great responsibility to be a community leader. It requires persistence and constant engagement as well as information. It also has to do with crowd management so we have to be prepared for everything

Why is it great for Hosts to be Hostclub members?

The community is a place where ideas and questions can be shared. A world where all hosts can interact and share beautiful moments as well as concerns. To find solutions to their problems and strengthen their capabilities.

If you could make it better what one thing would you improve?

I would improve… time! I believe that time is the most important thing in life and I wish I was more efficient in managing it.

When you are not hosting, what do you like doing?

I like to play tennis and read. Also playing with my daughter and going for walks with my family!

What is the one thing you cannot live without?

Without my family!

Where would your dream holiday be?

I have traveled to all the Continents and to many parts of the world, so I don't think I have any unfulfilled travel dreams. If I was in another phase of my life, maybe I would go to the Amazon and stay in the jungle. Of course I would have shared my Airbnb login codes with my family members before 😉

If you could have lunch with a famous person (past or present), who would it be and why?

With Mr. Barack Obama. He is inventive, smiling and of course had one of the best houses for Airbnb. The White House.

What's your food weakness?

Eggs with French fries. Oops!!! I forgot chocolate as well!

Do you have a fun fact?

When I secretly rented out my parents’ house on Airbnb.

Anything to add

I just LOVE Airbnb and being part of this family! I also love being a co-host to many other properties in Zakynthos, Athens and other Greek cities, helping them manage their properties and fill them with smiles! If you ever come to GREECE, Zakynthos or Athens just text me and I will be happy to show you the best of my wonderful city!

PS: Here is a video I created to promote my island Zakynthos during covid- 19 period

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvwp8mdyQLU&ab_channel=StratosZafeiriadis

Thank you @Stratos9 for sharing with us all! It's been amazing learning more.

Have you ever visit Greece or a Greek island?

Here's to the next Community Spotlight!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

4 Replies 4
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Stratos9! Zakynthos is amazing! I was there in 2016 ☀️ I've also visited the shipwreck beach 🙂 You've made such an amazing video! If I visit Zakynthos again, I'll make sure to come and say hi!

IMG_9303.JPGIMG_9566.JPG

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Wow!! For sure text me if you ever come back at**. It would be my pleasure to give you the best tips for my island and go out for a drink  🙂 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds great!n I'll make sure to let you know once I'm there again @Stratos9! Very sorry, but had to remove your email address here due to safety reasons 🙂 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Stratos9 @Quincy @Stephanie  I so enjoyed your Spotlight story, your words, energy & spirit that pours through. I have traveled a good bit and loved being in Greece....You've reenergized my desire to return and take family with to show them how Greek families live in your part of the world - its such a joy, so inclusive & warm as I recall.

Thanks again for sharing. Love reading stories from other leaders. 

For sure, I must first visit Croatia but when I can will make my way and I'll remember to contact you. Nothing better than having people that love their country, their life and people around them to share some of that beauty.

Till one day...

all the best,

Clara