Confused by feedback summary -

Karen-And-Mark2
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Confused by feedback summary -

Hello hosts, 

A summary of recent low reviews ( average from 4.8 to 4.7) appeared in our progress review after a disappointing experience with a dodgy cleaner and a very officious former friend ( ha ha) ...

I can’t make head or tail of what it means ... 

eg.inaccurate address with a number 1 beside it ?Does that mean someone has complained our address was wrong ? ( it’s not ) 

eg. Messaging ?

Is that a complaint against my messages from most recent guest or is a at summary of all guests feedback ? 

How do I actually access the low score comments to be able to understand and act on them for future ? I am not able to upload screen shot of reviews 

Feeling disheartened, Karen 

1 Reply 1
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Karen-And-Mark2 

Sorry you've had a negative experience - we all get them - try not to let it get you down too much.

I may not be much help as I"ve not ever seen infor in the progress report such as you describe.

However it does sound to me as though this is all specific feedback from one guest - probalby the one you suspect and that they have rated you 1 for your communication and messaging and also complained that you provided an inaccurate address. - airbnb are giving you this feedback to enable you to "left your game"

I"m sure other hosts will be along to correct me if I am wrong and add further insight..

A word of advice - usually not a good idea to answer private feedback in the public feedback space - future guests reading this would be nonplussed - your comment seems at odds with THEIR  comment.

If you were wanting to alert future HOSTS of this guest that they have left a glowing review  but tanked you in stars, you could say something like   "so glad you enjoyed your stay. Given you glowing comments we are rather mystified and disheartened to see that you left such low star ratings for xxx adn xxx"

ON the plus side their review was GLOWING and that is mainly what guests read.  You seem to have lots of satisfied customers - focus on them and try to tote the other up to experience. Nothing you can do now

Good luck!