Contact host, airbnb shows dates, then host increases price

Answered!

Contact host, airbnb shows dates, then host increases price

Really airbnb?! I wanted to contact a host and the dates I was searching were shared with the host without warning me. The host then responds that the dates I had picked can't get a monthly discount which made the visit within my price range. If I hadn't asked a question and just booked the place, could the host refuse the reservation and still hike up the price because then I won't be as upset with airbnb...

1 Best Answer
Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Daniel8433 It depends on how the listing is set up.  If the host has instant book turned on and you met the booking criteria then yes you could have just booked.  If the host requires a reservation request for the booking then no. My advice would be to move on to another listing, once the situation becomes contentious its not likely you'll be accepted by the host because there is now a chance you may give a bad review which hosts rely on. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Daniel8433 It depends on how the listing is set up.  If the host has instant book turned on and you met the booking criteria then yes you could have just booked.  If the host requires a reservation request for the booking then no. My advice would be to move on to another listing, once the situation becomes contentious its not likely you'll be accepted by the host because there is now a chance you may give a bad review which hosts rely on. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Daniel8433 If I understand correctly you made a booking inquiry with dates on it as the system requires. I don't think you can blame Airbnb for passing these to the host as that is how the system works. 

I could have just put in arbitrary dates had I known the info would be sent

Or you could rely on the fact that most hosts are honest @Daniel8433.  What that host did is dirty pool.