Covid & Superhost Coupon Extensions?

Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

Covid & Superhost Coupon Extensions?

Hey All,

I have a $100 Superhost coupon that expires in April of this year. I am currently taking care of my mother who is about to go in for open heart surgery, which puts her in a very high risk category for covid complications. I am unwilling to risk exposing her by partaking in unnecessary travel at this time.

I've been in contact with Airbnb over the past couple days, and they have unfortunately said that they're unable to offer an extension on the coupon. 

Has anyone in a similar situation had any success getting an extension? Any tips on how you went about it?

Thanks

Steve
5 Replies 5
Gary-And-Rose0
Level 7
Chemainus, Canada

I always found it frustrating. We work hard as hosts to achieve and keep super host status. We are grateful to receive the 100 bonus for a future stay. 

then only to have it expire during this time of Covid. It’s frustrating. 

Why put an expiry on it and in fact why not be able to save them for a nice future much needed holiday. 

A true bonus for maintaining Superhost status. 

Exactly. My first one expired because I was unemployed at the time, and couldn't justify the expense of a vacation. Now this (my second one) will expire because of covid.

I know it's a travel website, but not everybody travels on a regular basis, even hosts. I myself am not particularly fond of sleeping in strange beds, so I generally prefer camping for my weekend getaways. I'd much rather save the coupons up so that I can take a proper vacation every few years.

That aside, you'd think they'd offer a one-time blanket extension to everyone, considering the state of the world at the moment.

Steve
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

You don't need to "travel" to a vacation spot to use it. Book a one-night self-check-in stay in a neighboring town for a night to yourself. Or a stay closer to the hospital so it is easier to visit your mother. If you have a family member or friend who is also a host, you can book an open night on their calendar and give them an easy $100. 

Sky13
Level 10
United States

USE your superhost coupon before it expires!  Even if you can’t make the stay, another host will benefit.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Steve2743 

I'm glad to confirm there is an email going around extending the dates on Superhost coupons. I'm hoping you might have already received it; otherwise, it could be on the way. You can read more about coupons and how to use them here. There is also a header talking about the extension and how to review the coupon. 

@Sky13 @Gary-And-Rose0 

Thank you.