Customer Support Survey??

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

Customer Support Survey??

Just had a  unresolved issue with  Customer Support.  Now I get one of those "customer service surveys" asking for customer feedback.

Is this new??

Thoughts?

9 Replies 9
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@M199 Not new afaik. Maybe they are randomly generated.

M199
Level 10

@Colleen253 

Thank you so much for your instant answer 😁😁👍👍

This was new to me, after 1 year of hosting😖

@M199 Since you say it was an unresolved issue, I imagine they will be sorry they asked for your feedback....

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@M199 

I assume that your answers will be anonymous, and if so, I hope you tell them that they were not at all helpful.

M199
Level 10

@Brian2036, @Colleen253 

I didn't comment on the CS rep, she tried her best and reallly tried , within  her employment authority but overall Airbnb's overall service. 0 stars with an explanation why.  They can boot me for all I care. I do my Airbnb to give others an opportunity to explore the area and promote Nature,  Hiking, and our  Natural Resources.

@M199  I've gotten several of those over the years, they seem to be randomly generated. One host here said they only got them when an issue had been successfully resolved, but your experience gives the lie to that. 

I hate the way those surveys are worded- "Based on your interaction with ___, how likely would you be to recommend Airbnb to a friend?" or something close to that.

Well, I would never recommend or not recommend a company based on my interaction with one employee. I have sent them feedback about this. Like you, it's the company itself that is responsible not only for bad policies, but for using outsourced, poorly paid, untrained workers, way out of their depth. 

I've usually felt that the reps I dealt with were, in fact, trying their best, but their lack of training or Airbnb policy, or the script they are told to read from, is the basic problem.

And no, you won't get banned for how you fill out those forms or negative feedback you've sent. 

M199
Level 10

@Sarah977 

Completely agree with your response.  Thank you!

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I always get them.

M199
Level 10

@Till-and-Jutta0 

Hmm.  Interesting

Thank you  for the info.😁

My analytical mind will now note this for the future.