Damage to property

Damage to property

Ruts1.jpgRuts2.jpgRuts3.jpg

We are new to the Airbnb world and learning lots after each booking.  Today we arrived after the guests checked out and noticed our guests decided to take their truck down our walking path to our home (our property is down a small hill by a river).  When they tried to get back up the hill, they left us with 6" ruts in places.  How disappointed we were since we send out pictures to each guest prior their arrival showing where the parking area is located on our premises.  

We now have a mess for the next renter who is coming tomorrow. We got a lot of rain yesterday, so we did the best we could right now until things dry out a bit, but we have more work to do.  We also put up a barricade so it will have to be moved if someone decides to go down the walking path with their vehicle in the future.

We feel the renter is responsible for the mess they left us.  I have not reached out to them yet, just looking for opinions of others.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amy2311 If you contact them before they have reviewed it will guarantee you a bad review. Just leave an honest review for them and see if they then review you.

Why do you want to contact them? 

I was thinking of contacting them to see if they will reimburse us for the work that needs to be done on the clean up side.  Was going to give them the option first before I file a claim???  

Also, are they able to see my review before they review me?

Thanks!

@Amy2311 All reviews are private until both parties have reviewed in which case they are published or 14 days has passed in which case whichever party has reviewed will get its review published.

I am confident a claim will fail as Airbnb will demand an invoice so extra host work cannot be reimbursed.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Amy2311  Are you really going to hire a landscaper to fix those ruts?  

Yes, it's a good thing that you put up a barricade and you should put in your rules specifics about where cars can and cannot go, if you don't have it in there.

I would blast them in the review, but I'm not sure it's worth contacting them about before the review period is over.

No, you can't see the reviews until both are written or the 14 day period has passed.