Damages

Jim194
Level 2
Oceanside, CA

Damages

Hello

We had a 1 mo. guest who departed yesterday. Our place was left a mess - black marks on walls, torn outdoor furniture, ruined towels, etc.. Our personal housekeeper walked in and didn't know where to start - so she didn't. After 19 years hosting at this location, and not one claim for damages, what should I be readying to file a claim thru AirBnB (assuming the damages remain under our $500 sec. dep.)? I will have pics and video.

Thanks, Jim  

4 Replies 4
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Even if your damages are over $500, you may be able to collect under Airbnb’s Host Guarantee. It’s not really a guarantee and hard to collect, but you can ask about it.

A couple of things you have to do:  1) Try to sort everything out with the guest beforehand via the Airbnb messages where you have a record of the conversation.  Airbnb will deny all claims if the guest has not been contacted to attempt to come to agreement beforehand, 2) if it can’t be sorted out, submit a list of damages and invoices and/or receipts for replacement, along with your pics and video, as soon as possible.  Make sure docs, pics, etc. are dated, and make sure you submit everything before the next guest checks in.

Hi. Are there any suggestions to adding short video clips when filing a claim through the resolution center? I have been unable to attach them? Thank you, Jim

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Thank you