Day 11: [GAME] December movies emoji quiz

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Day 11: [GAME] December movies emoji quiz

Hi everyone, 

This time of the year, in the Northern Hemisphere, most of us are in hibernation mode. What better way to make it through a very wintery day than to cozy-up under a blanket, grab some snacks, and watch a movie

While we can’t provide blankets or snacks, why don’t we all embrace this cozy feeling and play a little game together? We’d love you to join us in guessing 26 December movies, either fully festive or simply set over this time of the year, from the following emoji riddles!

It’s worth keeping in mind that this quiz was made according to the US or UK English titles, and as always, let’s have one guess each time so more people can join in on the fun. 

Enjoy!

Emilie

1- ❄️ 👸 ☃️ 

2- ❄️ 🚂 👨‍✈️ 🎅 

3- 🔔 ➡️ 🔔 ➡️ 🔔

4- 🏠 😱 

5- ❤️ ☑️ 

6- 🎃 ❄️ 

7- 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄

8- ⚰️ 💪 

9- 🦌 

10- 👨 ✂️ 👐 

11- ‌🙌 3️⃣‌‌ 4️⃣🏘

12- ‌👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 💎

13- ‌👨 ↔️ 👨

14- ‌😘‌‌ 😘💥 💥

15- 🐷 🐸 🎄 🎶

16- 🏝

17- 🗽 🏙 🍝 🍫

18- 🥜 🔨

19- 👸 🔁 👸 

20- 😴‌‌ 👩‍❤️‍👨‌ 

21- ‌👨‌‌ 🦇‌‌ ↩️‌ 

22- 🧊 🇯🇲

23- ‌‌‌ 🎄

24- ‌✈️‌‌ 🚅‌‌ 🏎‌ 

25- ☃️ 

26-  🐹 🕛 🚱 🗽

1. Frozen

2. The Polar express

3. Jingle all the way

4. Home alone

5. Love Actually

6. A nightmare before Christmas

7. Four Christmasses

8. Die Hard

10. Edward Scissorhands

11. Miracle on 34th street
12. The family stone

13. Trading places

14. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

15. A Muppet Christmas Carol

16. The Holiday

18. The nutcracker

19. The Princess Switch

20. While you were sleeping

21. Batman returns

22. Cool runnings
23. White Christmas

24. Planes, Trains and Automobiles

25. The Snowman

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

45 Replies 45
Deirdre122
Host Advisory Board Member
Stellenbosch, South Africa

2 - Polar Express

Hi everybody 🙂 Can I try nr 21? Is it Batman returns? 😄

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Dejan93 Thanks for joining us, the more the merrier!

It is Batman Returns, great guess. If you have an idea about any other ones let me know 😃

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie 19 Trading places

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0 Interestingly 19 is another movie, but Trading Places is on the list somewhere else!! Do you have an idea which one it might be?

-----

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

6 - Jack Frost

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Gillian166 and @Deirdre122 for getting us started!

#2 was correct, but #6 not quite ... however you were super close @Gillian166, #6 does have a main character named Jack  👀  

@Ralf5 @Laurelle3 @Emiel1 @Pam5 @Mauricio467 @Clara116 @Michelle1164 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Ann72 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Michelle53  @J-Renato0 @Laura2484 @Sharon1014 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Yannis37 @Helen350 @Cathie19 @Mika8 @Michael5047 @Huma0 @Tammy483 @JJ48 Since you enjoyed previous games as well, I thought I'd mention you here in case you'd like to join 😊

-----

Linda3273
Level 10
Sooke, Canada

WOW @Emilie I am so terrible at this game but I am super impressed with the amount of work that it must have taken you to put this all together. Is it possible to get the list of answers to this game 

so that I could play this game with my family members at Christmas? 
Excellent effort and it made me laugh even though I got none of the answers right.🤣

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.😎

Linda
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Linda3273 Thank you!! I'll see if we can find all the answers here first but I can absolutely share the list once it's over 😃 

You might have an answer or two right though, it's worth having a try - all fun and games 🤗

Happy holidays!

Emilie

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

4. Home Alone

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

5. Love Actually

14. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

15. A Muppet Christmas Carol

24. Planes, Trains and Automobiles

25. The Snowman (?)

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Huma0 All of those are bang on, well done 😄

-----

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

1 x Frost?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Trude0 Not quite but the movie in question does involve frost. It's a popular one with the children. 😊

-----