Day 18: Time and Humankind

Ester1
Level 3
Sasso di Castalda, Italy

Day 18: Time and Humankind

Today I will tell you a legend that is also a love story that has been repeating itself for years and is destined for eternity.

Once upon a time, there was a man deeply in love with his beautiful and enigmatic lover by the name of 'Time'.

Initially, she was one of the deities worshipped and honoured by humans, but one day she was punished by the other gods because she had sinned in pride. She had believed herself to be man's one and only source of life, provoking the furious anger of the goddesses 'Breath' and 'Water' who demanded her death. To appease the anger of the latter, the council of the gods decided to let Tempo live, but they forced her to run forever, without stopping.

One day, a man saw Tempo running and was thunderstruck. The man fell madly in love with her, and she became as essential to him as the air he breathed. He sought her every moment of his life and wanted her to be by his side, always, every moment. Tempo reciprocated this love and proved to be a faithful, devoted companion. She devoted herself to him with all her strength, never leaving him alone. Tempo, however, could not give herself completely to him, she could not stop running because otherwise everything would have stopped and with it would have come the goddess 'Death'.

Tempo was forced to run fast, with the force and power of a hurricane that when it passes, leaves only fragments, particles of a day, of a life.

The man wished that his lover would stop, that she would slow down her run, that she would wait for him as he trudged through his daily routine, but she kept slipping through his fingers.

One day, however, seeing their despair, the heartbreak of their suffering and the men all desperately searching for Tempo, the gods decided to give the two lovers a chance. At some point in the year, Time would be able to slow her down, thus giving her the opportunity to reunite with her lover, to stay with him longer and to discover the pleasure of being together.

Since then, this meeting between Tempo and her lover has been repeated every year, at Christmas, which is why everything has a special, magical taste at this time. The moments are worth twice as much, the days seem to become very long, time has a slow, calm, joyful Each of us takes pleasure in being together with others, in rediscovering family because, in reality, at the very moment we smile, time and man become one.

I wish you that this Christmas may make you savour these moments again, may it be a moment of respite from the daily rush and let you feel the same pleasure of the encounter between time and humankind.

5 Replies 5
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Ester1 thank you for sharing your ledgend and love story and how we as humans should be taking time to slow down and share the pleasure of being with family.

I will experience this with my daughter in NZ this year but have just finished the rushing around for my son and family for our pre Christmas gathering. But we did share joy, love and each others company.

Easter thank you again. May you enjoy this year with your family.

Ester1
Level 3
Sasso di Castalda, Italy

@Laurelle3 thank you so much for your nice comment. I believe that we often don't realize how much we run and worry all the time for banal things. Because of our run, because we are too busy with our physical and mental tiredness, we don't realize that what we did has a minimal impact on our lives, on our souls.

I really wish you to enjoy every single moment, to breath and feel christmas emotions with your daughter.

I will try to do the same with my family. ❤️

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Thank you @Ester1 for sharing such beautiful words and sentiment!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sheila646
Level 9
Elizabeth, CO

Thank you for this beautiful story. 

Farm Diva
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Ester1 A tragic start but beautiful ending, thanks so much for sharing! I always dream that those meant to be will meet, that we all hold the key to our own destiny, and that everything happens for a reason.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen