Day 2 - My favourite light up events

Shinya0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Osaka, Japan

Day 2 - My favourite light up events

Hello everyone,

I’m Shinya and hosting in Osaka, Japan!

I also served on the 2021,2022 Host Advisory Board with CC stars such as @Till-and-Jutta0, @Antonella78 ,@Claudia331 and other excellent global members. I have been hosting since 2015.

My hosting journey is a series of discoveries and my life has been enriched by hosting.

In 2017, I founded the Osaka Home Sharing Club and still exchange information,tips and have monthly events with my fellow hosts.

Today, to celebrate the Month of Celebration, I'd like to share some of my favorite light up events that I always recommend to my guests.

• The first one is an art exhibition that takes up an entire outdoor botanical garden in a park in Osaka.🔵🟡🟢🔴🟣
  • This is held only at night and uses a lot of installation art and projection mapping.
  • It’s very colorful and makes you feel as if you have entered a different world.
  • The space is a fusion of forests, lakes, and illusionary lights, using nature as it is.
  • I love being able to immerse myself in the world of light art and even touch the lights.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 09.14.38.png

• The second is the wonderful illumination of the autumn leaves, which can only be seen at this time of year. 🍁
    Toward the beginning of winter, in Japan there are many places where you can enjoy the autumn colors of the leaves as the trees and plants turn bright red.
    Among them, I would like to introduce the illumination of a Japanese garden located 15 minutes from my house.
    The lights are on for only 6 days a year, making it a very rare spot.
    The view of the autumn leaves illuminated in gradations of red and orange and reflected in the water is truly beautiful.
    And here you can even enjoy Japanese green tea and Japanese pastries!

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 09.16.26.pngScreenshot 2022-12-02 at 09.15.55.png

Today, I have introduced two of my favorite light-ups.

April is the beautiful cherry blossom season in Japan.

I'll show you some of the pink-colored light-ups If I have a chance!

Best,

Shinya

20 Replies 20
Linda3273
Level 10
Sooke, Canada

Thank you @Shinya0 for sharing those beautiful images of the light-ups in Japan. It is simply a wonderful mystery and delight as you have shown us. When I visited Japan in 2008 I experienced kind generosity and warmth from everyone we connected with. It is evident that the Japanese inner beauty is reflected back into their communities with such pride and honor. I look forward to returning in the near future. 

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas🎄

Linda
Shinya0
Osaka, Japan

Thank you for the kind words @Linda3273 🙂
In my opinion, we are in a world where many things are changing, I want to maintain the beauty of Japan and pass it on to future generations, while at the same time making it more accessible to the people abroad.
Sometimes I think this is hidden not in the decorated tourist attractions but in the everyday life provided by the hosts.
So please come back to Japan anytime and find something new and fascinating!

Happy holidays!!🎄🎁

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

All those colours!  So beautiful @Shinya0!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Shinya0
Osaka, Japan

@Jenny 
Yes! It's a very mystical, otherworldly experience.🌌

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Shinya0 All of this is so gorgeous! I absolutely love the pictures with the tree leaves illuminated from below, even in the dark it's such a welcoming and peaceful vibe.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great post @Shinya0 ! What a wonderful thing the light up events ! Amazing!