Day 28: Belonging

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

Day 28: Belonging

💥  Belong

Are you part of an Airbnb Facebook Host Club/Group in your area?

Clara116_0-1672221108160.jpeg

Celebration of Gratitude for Airbnb Hosts

Did you know there are over 800 Airbnb community leaders all over the world? Chances are there’s an Airbnb FB club/group not very far from your Airbnb or your home. In my hometown, which is a busy beach town in Florida and very seasonal, we have grown our group/club to over 500. There are probably over 4,000 short term rental hosts in our area or more and growing daily. Hosts are so happy to join our group because we are a huge support system, sharing tips, hacks, guidance, rules, loads of help and stories of encouragement and inspiration. Hosts in our group know they belong and are not alone in their hosting, challenges, celebrations and much more. 

We put together 3 in-person meet ups this year….let me tell you about the last gathering we had in December 2022. We had almost 40 hosts attending and many others wishing to be there, traveling, working, sick, etc. Plus, so many getting excited about the next meet up planned for the Spring of 2023! Check out the fabulous pics to see a glimpse of the evening….with Airbnb Bingo - "Find Someone Who" - was a super icebreaker/mixer for everyone. All 3 of our meet ups were hosted at local Airbnb’s - A cottage, a huge rental home and our 3rd meet up was held in a 100 yr. old restored historic 3/2 fabulous home in the downtown area of our city. The pictures will show many of the hosts, the delicious food that was offered, beverages and Airbnb gift bags with swag for the hosts attending. We met for approx. 3 hours and had an informal presentation with such topics as:  Q & A’s, Best Airbnb Practices, keeping your Listing Active and Alive and Safety features and more. Added features of the night were a presentation about a topic in very high demand-Taxes/licensing, and each host got a packet with info to help with understanding and setting up advice. Airbnb funded the meet up, and I was thrilled to invite 3 of the best massage therapists to give 10 minute chair massages to all those attending. That surprise experience was without a doubt the best gift that Airbnb could sponsor for each of the hosts - everyone was delighted, relaxed and left in the highest of spirits. The talk has begun about the next meetup in 2023 and my planning is beginning. I hope the photos inspire you to find a group in your area and get involved if you aren’t already. Was there a  meet up in your area?? Please share - it's always loads of fun. And this is all about Belonging

Many blessings for a joyful, prosperous 2023 filled with love, joy, peace & Belonging, Clara

(To see the meet-up photos, feel free to visit this link)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNrnC9hBhCGTR_LJV0E_0UZX55q1uo4Dq-Oi9NhLDcHx2-wCvi-hIFdcOfopcR9...

5 Replies 5
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is lovely @Clara! Thank you so much for sharing this 😊 It's always interesting to hear about the meet-ups!

When will the next one be? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincy  thanks for your kind words. The next in person meet up  will be in March 2023...and I hope to have a special zoom Safety session with the top safety expert in the US dealing with short term rentals and safety... especially Airbnb's. 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Clara116 thank you for sharing the photos of the successful gathering. A good time had by all with your friendly input.

Just wondering if the function was catered for or everyone bought a plate to share?

@Laurelle3 thanks for your nice words. Airbnb funding paid for the food that was catered and all put together by our host. It was fabulous food and enjoyed by all. 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

PXL_20221207_004752635~2.jpg