Did anyone manage to correct the review after 48 hours of posting?

Tatjana13
Level 2
Baška Voda, Croatia

Did anyone manage to correct the review after 48 hours of posting?

Two weeks ago I made a rating for accommodation. I’m pretty sure I’ve written a review of the accommodation and a private message for the host in the right sections.  I did everything as usual. But, yesterday I saw that a private message for the host was posted publicly, instead of a review of the accommodation.
I contacted Airbnb support, they replied that after 48 hours of posting I could not make a correction, just leave or delete the review.

The technical services can certainly open and see everything I typed in the evaluation, and I am also pretty sure that the real review remained written somewhere.
It just doesn’t make sense for other users to read my private message (I will contact you when we arrive in Belgrade :)) instead of real and helpful accommodation reviews. And it's not fair to the host who deserved better.
Is there any other possible way, some other possible service or instance that can help me? Has anyone ever managed to correct a review even after 48 hours?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tatjana13 I am sure the host won't worry about your review especially as it was accompanied by 5 stars

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tatjana13 

I'm afraid that you cannot change a review after it's published, only ask for it to be removed. If your review just said 'I will contact you when we arrive in Belgrade,' then the host could even ask for it to be removed, on the grounds that it is not relevant to the listing.

However, if you left the host a 5 star rating, it would not be in his/her interest to have the review removed as the rating would be removed too.

I would just message the host apologising that your private feedback got posted by mistake. I am sure they wouldn't mind because you left 5 stars and that is still better than no stars!