Discrimiation for the Unvaccinated

Melinda255
Level 2
Loudon, TN

Discrimiation for the Unvaccinated

Being vaccinated from Covid 19 does not prevent the disease, it may just lessen the symptoms. Since there is pro's and con's to this experimental medical treatment, there are those of us that choose to not get it. We should not be demonized. For any disease or medical situation there are many ways to treat, and for those that choose to treat it in a different way, they should not have medical mandates forced upon them by any one else, and that includes a AIRBNB owner. I would suggest to all the unvaccinated people to not be bullied into a medication treatment that the long term effects are un known, and boosters for life are their future. for those that choose a natural path, they should be allowed to stay at a hotel, motel, or other accommodation as long as they are not ill, and show any symptoms..This type of bullying and discrimination is not the America Way....

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Melinda255  In case you aren't aware, Airbnb is an international platform, with guests and hosts and listings all over the world, so whatever you consider to be the "American way" is irrelevant.

As for what you call discrimination, discrimination refers to something which is part of who a person  is that does not involve choice- the color of their skin, their age, their nationality, their gender, their sexual orientation, a disability.

Getting vaccinated or not is your choice. As with all choices in life, they have consequences. You do not have a "right" to stay in someone's home if you aren't willing to comply with their house rules, which they have for the safety and comfort of themselves and their guests.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Melinda255 Your post is factually incorrect. Getting vaccinated does, for a quite high percentage, stop you getting Covid. It also lessens the symptoms in a higher percentage of people AND reduces the transmission of the disease. Finally at least one of the vaccines has, I believe, not been fully approved so is no longer 'experimental'

I agree you should not be demonised but you should bear the consequences of choosing not to be jabbed. In the UK that means no quarantine after most international travel and access to certain events.

I suspect (hope) the misinformation in your post will be removed soon.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Post removed as it has no purpose on the CC 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen