Does anyone get unfair customer services?

Does anyone get unfair customer services?

It’s my first and last time using Airbnb, which is the worst experience that I’ve ever had with any kind of platforms. Basically, the app crashed during my booking. By the second time I tried to book my apartment, the service price rose(not the room rate, only the service price that Airbnb charges, from £130 to £157). Actually 27 pounds weren’t a big deal at all, but I reached out to the customer service anyways, to learn how they charged me.
I was really pissed by their customer service team. Two guys, Jazel and Casandra messaged me. They tried to convince me that it was me who overlooked the price. However, they avoid to give me a reasonable explanation on why my service fee is more than 18% of the total price but the comparable cases(exactly the same apartment) they sent to me are all 15%. And they can’t even tell how the fee is charged, but use “might include””might vary”, and also threaten me that I’m on some internal list(like will be blocked by customer services?)
They are really tough haha. Employees from big company, too big to fall.
As a platform, Airbnb really makes me sick this time. Who do you think you are, to charge whatever amount you want and never give customers reasonable explanation???? @Airbnb 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kaiman2 

The Airbnb Guest Service fees varies through different parameters:

- Short stay or long term stay (28 days or longer)

- The VAT % involved

- Booking via the website or via the app

The average Guest Service fee for short stays is 14,2 % + VAT.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1857/airbnb-service-fees

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Kaiman2 ,

I'm so sorry to hear you weren't happy with the support you received from the Customer Service team. As @Emiel1 mentioned above, the service fees vary based on different factors. You can find more information about this here. This article should help clarify what the service fees represent, but if you have more questions please let us know here and other Hosts might be able to help you further!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen