Does your accommodation change according to the seasons?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Does your accommodation change according to the seasons?

Tulips.jpg

Hello everyone 🌷

We're experiencing the change of seasons in different parts of the world. In some places, spring is arriving and the days are getting longer🍃, while in others, autumn is beginning, and slowly the leaves are shedding to signal a change of scenery 🍂

In both instances, significant changes can occur around our places. It could be a new color to decorate our gardens, and sometimes we even decide to change part of the decor or take the opportunity to do a spring clean

What's the biggest change in your accommodation with the change of seasons?

Would you like to share a photo that showcases the adjustments made around your place?

In British Columbia, the tulip festival🌷 is about to begin, making it a place full of color and life.

Let’s share some experiences and photos in the comments 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

42 Replies 42

Absolutely,  we take down the Hot Tub in June , as the weather starts to get extremely hot  and too dangerous for 103. water.  Our pool warms up to a wonderful warm temp almost like a bath.

We also switch out blankets.   

Michael6863
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

I pretty much use the same format throughout the year here in Northern Michigan, even though we host beach goers in summer and skiers in winter!

Sandeep80
Level 1
Kodaikanal, India

Hi

Here (India) it's summer very hot season ,so everyone will plan for hillstation to stay cool , so it's season for those who lives in hill stations as there business (depending on tourist ) will be good . 

Karen3815
Level 2
Andover Township, NJ

The biggest change is that we shut it down for the winter months.  The snow/ice liability as well as the cost of the electric heater just didn’t make it worthwhile!

Vanderson2
Level 2
Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil

Olá!!! Agora , estaremos entrando no outono . A vegetação vai mudando e se preparando para o inverno... 

Gosto mais do frio , é a estação mais procurada aqui na região.

___

Hello!!! Now , we will be entering autumn . The vegetation is changing and preparing for winter... 

I like the cold best, it's the most popular season here in the region.

[Google  translation added by OCM]

Vanderson2
Level 2
Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil

IMG-20240310-WA0020.jpg

@Vanderson2 

Is that an old Electricity Cable wheel that has been converted into an outdoor seat?

We used to have playing on them as children did you or anyone else reading this?

Oh to bring back commonsense status quo in society where people used and nurtured nature instead of the disposable junk that has infiltrated society and filling up our Food producing lands and that of our animals and nature.

No I do not. My home has roses, Jasmine, irises and geranium that bloom year round..

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds gorgeous, I hadn't thought of planting irises myself. A trip to the nursery is in order 😀 @Asmina150 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Jessica3421
Level 3
Lewistown, MT

Montana changes dramatically by the seasons! We stay open for each by offering warm, cozy woodstove fires year round. And an outdoor heated bathtub for the warm(er) days 😉 

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 7.04.09 PM.jpeg

We set our rates depending on the season. We charge slightly higher for Easter and Christmas but relatively the place is almost same all year round.

We are living in a paradise and year round of spring season.  we don't change the thing according to season.

Meenakshi14
Level 2
Pune, India

Namaste @Paula 

We are coming off the winter season now and its one of the best seasons our location has to offer. DSC048031_edited1.jpg We don't fluctuate our rates though. 🙂 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Meenakshi14, beautiful picture, thank you so much for sharing 😊 What's the name of the mountain covered in snow in the background of your photo? Can guests practice some winter sports there?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Paula Those are the Dhauldhar Range, the very beginning of The Great Himalayas.

Well if the guest is a good mountaineer then perhaps yes they can practice climbing it. I wouldn't recommend skiing or snowboarding though. Are you into winter sports?