Dollhouse miniatures

Elizabeth2713
Level 2
Mansura, LA

Dollhouse miniatures

Are there any miniature artisans out here in this community?  I just opened my Airbnb and would love to gather together with other miniature enthusiasts!  I’m mostly 1:12 scale (one twelveth) but, open to others.  Any fine wood workers out there?

Thank you for reading and hope to find some of my Tribe!  The miniature community on Instagram is a phenomenal group of humans from all over the world.  Let’s spread the awe and wonder of “a lil bit o life” in miniature .  I’d post a photo or two if I could figure that out … maybe later!

14 Replies 14
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Elizabeth2713 

I am not a miniature artisan, but I was given (by chance), this old dolls house, which is quite large, but in need of some TLC. One day, I hope to renovate and furnish it, as I think it could be quite magical, but I have enough work to do on the full sized home first! 

Stockwell-SW9-london-houses-023-1200x1800.jpg

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Huma0  oh my, that is divine!! just when I think i can't fall in love with your house you drop something like this!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 

This dolls house was given to me for free by a still life photographer I work with. I was doing a shoot at his studio and in was sitting on a desk in his office. It had belonged to the daughter of his friend, who had since grown up.

He had taken it off the friend's hands thinking he would use it for a shoot, but hadn't gotten round to doing it and just wanted to get rid of it as it was taking up a whole desk.

So, I just had to pay a man with a van £30 to bring it over. Bargain! 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

haha I can 100% relate to hoarding objects for the "one day" photoshoot. I've got lots of vintage items in drawers for that purpose, but nothing as fab as that! @Huma0 

Ohhhh what a gem you have there!  Would love to see the inside. ♥️♥️🕊🕊🌎🌎

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Elizabeth2713 

I am afraid the inside is a dog's dinner. I would love to do it up, but I have to figure out first how to sort out the lighting set up (all the wires are cut and dangling and the lights falling off the walls/ceilings) and I'm just not good at anything technical.

I want to get around to the decor stuff (the fun part), but I am aware that you need to do the lighting first...

When we trade houses for a bit, I’ll help with dollshouse renovations 🥰🌎🕊

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Elizabeth2713  this post should be in community cafe. 

@Stephanie 

Okay.  Thanks

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Moved it just now @Gillian166 - Thanks for tagging any of us 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Elizabeth2713 

This is an account that I follow on Instagram. It's not to everyone's tastes, I am sure, but I like the whole vintage, 'faded grandeur' look. She makes incredible things. Look at the little plates!

https://www.instagram.com/chiisanashiawase2015/

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

What a wonderful topic @Elizabeth2713 - sadly I'm not an artisan - but this post and all the replies are bringing back wonderful childhood memories of my Grandfather building doll houses for my sister and I.  Thank you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ohhh so sweet to read this, Jenny!!

Thank you for sharing the love and memories of your grandfather! ♥️♥️♥️🕊🕊🕊🌎🌎🙏

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

I got my Dad to have a look through our family photos, and he's unearthed these photos of one of the smaller houses from the 1980s!

There was a taller, larger one as well, with working electric.  Dad hasn't managed to find a photo of it yet.

This one was inherited by my oldest niece, then my youngest niece, and I think we all used to play with Sylvanian Family dolls and furniture.

Dolls House by WHV (1).jpgDolls House by WHV (2).jpg

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines