Earnings Summary not loading

Earnings Summary not loading

I cannot load the Earnings Summary page for 2021.  This happened to me last year, and airbnb support had to eventually load it and send it to me.  Are others having the same issue?

55 Replies 55
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a quick update. We have reached out regarding this since many of you are experiencing the same issue. It looks to be widespread and affects CS as well, which is why they’re unable to send the summary to Hosts. The CSV and 1099 (if eligible) contain all information you should need to file your taxes. I know this means a lot of manual work for many of you.

Unfortunately with bugs like these, it can happen that the solution is not as simple as changing a setting. Myself and the other OCMs will try our best to keep you updated here, but please try to work with the CSV or 1099 in the meantime. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Sybe This is unacceptable.

I agree with @Tricia3600. How unprofessional it is to have to bring a messy spreadsheet accounting for thousands above thousands of dollars in earned income to an accountant. I have always received some form of earned income documentation to aid in my tax filing from every business entity except for Airbnb. Why is that?

Not only a large messy document, but one that also includes private guest data

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sybe 

I must admit every year i only(!) use the CSV file for accounting and tax purposes.

But not the "gross earnings", but the "completed payouts" CSV file, which is more convenient to work with, as this section in Transaction History also has some filter options (payout method, listing).

That CSV contains all the information i need and the spreadsheet can easily be customised for a 3rd party (eg accountant). For a double check: the grand total payout can also be found on the menu "insight", option "earnings" (click on year 2021 below the graph).

This feature of the app is not working for me either—presumably related to the other issues. 

Does this mean they are just not going to fix it?  I'm so confused.

@Sybe  Thanks for the update, but this isn't true.  The 1099 I received doesn't even match the totals in the CSV, so I have no idea how to reconcile this discrepancy in the absence of a summarized earnings view, i.e. the Earnings Summary.

@Lee353 Your 1099 will include the Airbnb service fees and any other transactions that passed through your account (whether you were directly paid for them or not.)

@Emilia42 Exactly---it's almost impossible to reconcile.  But what's wild is that even if I run the full CSV--the numbers don't match the 1099, with a roughtly $6k gap.  I have no idea which property to hone in on to try to figure it out without the earnings summary.  😞 

the customer service person said that airbnb can email it to me if i email them all of my personal, sensitive information, including the last four of my SSN.  i said i would enter the last four of my SSN into a secure system, but that it is NOT SAFE or SECURE to email the last four of my SSN.  the fact that you, at the office, can access it and email it to us IF we provide us info makes all of the airbnb posts nonsense.  if you can see it, we should be able to see it.  and, as you mail the 1099 through the U.S. Mail, you should be able to mail, also through the U.S. Mail, the earnings summary.  the 1099 is far more of a security risk - why can that be mailed but not the earnings summary that doesn't contain sensitive info?

Ron91
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I have also been unsuccessful in accessing my 2021 Earnings Summary. I have attempted to access the information from numerous devices with no success. When I contacted Airbnb, the Rep stated that she was not aware of any problems and would need to bump this up to the next level. Then I noticed that my whike message stream had vanished and I still haven't been contacted. As such, I contacted Airnnb again and now waiting for another response.

We really need this information to complete our taxes before moving abroad. This is extremely frustrating and inconvenient.

Blake97
Level 2
Austin, TX

I am having the exact same problem and today is February 18, 2022. Next year this problem will be EVEN WORSE because AirBnB will have to send 1099-K forms to any hosts with payouts over $600 per new US Law!! Get it together @Airbnb 

Carly142
Level 4
Rogers, AR

I’m having the same issue, and I use the CSV for a lot of things, but unfortunately it is not the same as the earning summery and nobody at Airbnb seems to understand that both documents are necessary. I am not only trying to get my taxes done, but I’m refinancing some properties and I am not comfortable using a huge messy spreadsheet that contains private data of my guests. 
Also, it’s reasonable for hosts to get an official document that is clear and concise from Airbnb, not just some spreadsheet that I had to heavily alter in order to use. 

I too have had to open multiple cases, usually I get no information, and then they randomly get closed out by whatever agent I happen to be dealing with, or they are not in the office for the next four days…

nobody has even told me this is a known issue yet or even admitted to the problem. So while it’s a little bit comforting to see that it’s not just me, I don’t understand why after dealing with this every single year Airbnb doesn’t have basic reporting together. 

It’s been three weeks since I started trying to access the 2021 earning summary