Extra guest than actual booked 4 but 16 guest in

Beikun0
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Extra guest than actual booked 4 but 16 guest in

Hi, This is first time I am hosting a family from Indian who only booked 4 guest, but turn up 5 cars about 16 adults guest to stay in my three bedrooms house. What should I do? Do I notify to Airbnb? Can I charge them extra guest fee cos over 6 guest will have extra cost PP. I send email to Airbnb request for assistance. Cos I hate that, even extra 1-2 kids should be fine but 16 Adults, I can’t image how they manage and could be possible damage the house. Please experience host assist me what to do the next.

regs 
Queenly 

6 Replies 6

@Beikun0  If the group exceeds your occupancy maximum, you don't have to let them check in. You can require that 6 or more members of the group leave the property and the full Extra Guest fees be paid for the remainder. But these guests clearly have no intention of abiding by your rules, so you're much better off getting them all to vacate immediately and terminating the booking as a "party in progress" via customer support. You'll lose your payout, but you stand to lose a lot more in damage if you let this dishonest group stay a minute longer.

Thanks Andrew suggestion, end of day they turned up 20 guest stay overnight, music loud as disco until after 3am, I was trying to call police but they just ignored it, reason I was not on the site, only neighbour to make complain. Police  send me back to Airbnb, nothing else I can do only kicked them out, finally lucky not much damage but coffee machine not working, stain, smell and marks can not avoid it. 

Margie134
Level 1
Overland Park, KS

If they are breaking the rules which it sounds like they are, you can ask them to leave. You can also charge for extra guests. You should put that in your Rules on your site. I hope they didn't destroy your home. Good luck.

Hi Margie, so annoying,   Finally, 20 guest turned up, some stayed inside house, lucky not much damage home only need deep clean, coffee machine need replaced. 

078F4254-65AC-41D9-A5FB-64E52C5D830E.png

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Margie134 

Correct me if you are wrong, but you seem like a new host? So sorry this happened to you so early in your hosting experience.

I don't know if you removed your listing due to this incident or if Airbnb did so (they sometimes do suspend a listing if a neighbour reports a party happening). So, I can't check what you have written in your listing and house rules but...

In future, please follow the advice given by other hosts above and make it CRYSTAL CLEAR in your listing what your maximum occupancy is (not just in the field where you can choose this, but spell it out on the listing itself), any charges for additional people, e.g. if you charge one price for four and another for additional guests, and that unauthorised visitors/people not registered on the booking will not be allowed and the booking will be terminated.

Also, make sure you check with every guest that books or requests to book/enquires how many people are in the group.

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

that's a party. i understand this is over, but if it ever happens again you are to cancel the reservation and call the authorities as they are now trespassing.