[FESTIVAL] Go The Extra Mile

[FESTIVAL] Go The Extra Mile

Hospitality - Go the Extra Mile

It’s been said that hospitality is the art of creating a warm and welcoming environment that makes guests feel valued and comfortable. Don’t we all appreciate hospitality shown to us by our friends and family when we pay them a visit? What do most of us do when preparing to entertain friends or family visiting us? We ensure our house is clean top to bottom, prep the bedroom and bathroom our guests will use and maybe even purchase our guest’s favorite snacks. We might put up some night lights so our guests can find their way around easily in those dark hallways. We spruce up the exterior of our home. We cut the grass, weed our garden, make sure the BBQ is clean and ready to go and finally get around to replacing that burned out porch light bulb. We research and plan some fun activities to do during their stay and plan to have dinner out at some of our favorite restaurants. We might even break down and finally replace that old, worn out welcome mat at the front door with a new one! As Airbnb hosts, we extend hospitality to our guests the same way. We anticipate needs, offer genuine kindness, and provide a space where people feel at ease.

One Host I work with found out the guest was going to surprise his girlfriend and propose on the trip. He had planned to propose in a well-known National Park nearby. However, he was "wowed" by the Host’s beautifully landscaped gardens when they checked in and decided on the spur of the moment to propose in the gardens of the listing! The Host offered to take pictures and the couple were so thrilled they had photos to share with friends and family immediately after. They expressed how appreciative they were to have photos as a lasting memento of their engagement and the Host was so happy to be part of the occasion! 

Showing hospitality sets up a great experience for guests and makes hosting more enjoyable for you too! A cozy, well-prepared space and a friendly atmosphere leave a lasting impression, leading to happier guests, a happy host, and a successful Airbnb business.

1 Reply 1
Dr-Jayanthi1
Level 9
Coimbatore, India

@Joan2709 Such a spectacular event. A life time relationship to spur out of an airbnb stay is astounding. One of my guests on their family way had booked a long stay with me, as they were working with a gynaecologist at my city. They had plans of delivering the baby in a hospital closer to my home. Unexpectedly, the mother had a premature, emergency delivery at their hometown. God's will Mom and the baby were in great health and the young father approached me for a refund on cancellation. I was more than happy to accommodate the request. Thanks to Airbnb for enabling the actionable. I wait for the proud parents to be back and stay with me on another occasion. Hosting to spread love is magical - definitely the extra mile. Appreciate @Joan2709 on my nostalgia 😍.