๐Ÿƒ[FESTIVAL] What do I do in my home to be sustainable๐Ÿƒ

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

๐Ÿƒ[FESTIVAL] What do I do in my home to be sustainable๐Ÿƒ

Donatella26.png

This theme is part of the Community Center Festival of Sustainability

The original topic was posted in the Italian-speaking Community Center by @Donatella26 and we have translated it below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a horror of waste, in all fields; this is my first commandment: do not waste, and it also guides me as a Host.

We can recycle many objects instead of throwing them away; before buying a new object, we think about used or reconditioned for our environments.

We can save detergents (and the plastic in which they are contained): let's use natural substances and use recyclable containers, avoiding packaged disposables.

Let's try not to throw away food: what I find in the house, if it is sealed I leave it, if it is open I take it to a neighbour who has chickens, dogs, etc., they are usually things they can eat.

Finally, let's not waste time, let's do what we can now and plan little by little improvements in our daily practices: let's become sustainable Superhosts!

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 18.25.10.png

I have a horror of waste, in all fields; this is my first commandment: do not waste, and it also guides me as a Host.

We can recycle many objects instead of throwing them away; before buying a new object, we think about used or reconditioned for our environments.

We can save detergents (and the plastic in which they are contained): let's use natural substances and use recyclable containers, avoiding packaged disposables.

Let's try not to throw away food: what I find in the house, if it is sealed I leave it, if it is open I take it to a neighbour who has chickens, dogs, etc., they are usually things they can eat.

Finally, let's not waste time, let's do what we can now and plan little by little improvements in our daily practices: let's become sustainable Superhosts!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

2 Replies 2
Jennifer3225
Host Advisory Board Member
Port Severn, Canada

@Donatella26 Exactly. Let's not waste time.. Brilliant. We support your efforts. Great article.

Jennifer Schnier
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Brilliant post @Donatella26! ๐Ÿƒ

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen