Family is everything

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

Family is everything

With Fathers Day just around the corner in Australia I thought I would show you one of my most treasured possessions.....my Fathers Day card!

002.jpg

It's looking a bit doggy eared and worn but, every year since it was purchased in 1978 this same card comes out and another year gets added to it!

001.jpg

My eldest daughter Sarah who is now 49 years old wrote the text on that card when she was 5 years old.

Every year I shed a tear when it comes out, that card and I have seen half a century and I think that's a pretty good achievement.....although I dare say Hallmark greeting cards would do anything to shut the practice down!!!

Cheers.........Rob

4 Replies 4
Maggie-and-Norm0
Level 10
Fernandina Beach, FL

Happy Fathers Day! @Robin4 

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Maggie-and-Norm0 

I will be sharing it with my kids,  and that card will make the trip with me to be the centerpiece of the Fathers Day celebrations. Life is pretty good Maggie!

Cheers........Rob

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Happy Fathers Day @Robin4!  

2022 has been added now I assume? 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Quincy 

Not yet Quincy, Fathers Day in Australia  each year always falls on the first Sunday in September which this year is on Sunday 4th September, and it will be added on that day.

The only year we missed was 1999 when we were in England on our first extended European tour. We were away from home from 5th August to the 12th October that year and we had forgotten all about Fathers Day! It wasn't until next year when the card was pulled out we realised the omission, so Ade simply put in 'o/s' for that year!

That card probably cost less than 50c when it was bought in 1978 but, over the years it has become one of my most treasured possessions, I am glad I got to share it with the community!

Cheers.......Rob