Father's Day comes around again.

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

Father's Day comes around again.

The first Sunday in September in Australia is traditionally Father's Day. The day when we dads get another pair of socks, some undies or another mug with 'Worlds Greatest Dad' scrolled across it!

Well, I have seen 51 of them now, but as I have aged they have become more precious to me.

And one of the main reasons is.....my Fathers Day card.......

Fathers day Card A.jpg

Father's Day Card B.jpg

Yeah looking a bit old, dated and 'doggy eared' around the edges!

But Ade bought that card in 1978 when our eldest daughter Sarah was 4 and was first learning to write! Now she is a Teacher teaching the next generation that same skill, and every year the card gets brought out of the dresser again and another year is added to it.......

Fathers Day Card C.jpg

That card and I have seen lots of life, and it has become one of my most treasured possessions. 

It will proudly sit in the kitchen today and tonight get put away in the dresser again for another year.

Happy Father's Day all Dads.

Cheers........Rob

3 Replies 3
Marisa182
Level 7
University Park, MD

@Robin4  Hi Rob, I love your story and wish you a very very Happy Father's Day! I'm wondering if you will celebrate with a delicious pavlova?

Cheers to you and all dads in Australia!

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marisa182 

Ah you Gem Marisa, you remember Ade's pavlovas!. I haven't been treated to one recently. 

Having just spent a week away for my 80th we both brought back a dose of Covid so we are keeping a low profile for a week or so.

I have to say Covid has certainly lost it's bite, the current variant is just like a really mild cold. The only thing that really alerts me is that red line on the test strip!

All the best Marisa.

Cheers.......Rob

Of course I remember. You and Ade were so nice to send me the recipe, and I have made it twice since.

I got my very first Covid right around last Christmas, a terrible time to be sick. Hope you are both back to 100% good health so you can continue the BD celebration.

Best regards,

Marisa