[GAME] Halloween Word Search โ€Œ๐ŸŽƒโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ปโ€Œ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

[GAME] Halloween Word Search โ€Œ๐ŸŽƒโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ปโ€Œ

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹

Halloween is just around the corner, and we thought it'd be fun to have a game in our Community. As hosts, we all share stories, advice, and experiences. This time, let's share some Halloween cheer! ๐ŸŽƒ

We've hidden 30 words related to Halloween in the grid below. Can you find all of them?

Just one rule: For everyone to participate, please guess only 1 word per comment. This way, more hosts have the opportunity to participate. 

Have fun!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

35 Replies 35
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

G7 up to M1 - PUMPKIN

O12 going left to H12 - HALLOWED

Sorry @Paula, couldn't resist!  ๐Ÿ‘ป

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Ann72, I love your enthusiasm! I've kept two of your responses in your comment and invite you to repost the other words separately. Feel free to guess as many words as you'd like,  the only rule is to post one word per comment ๐Ÿ˜Š

Regards.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I can't remember what they were lol @Paula!

Maria-Rossella0
Level 10
Genoa, Italy

EJ 15 : ZOMBIE

Maria Rossella
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Paula I am a little late to join and Halloween is becoming a

marketing THING in Australia and is not a tradition to our customs or culture. However children have taken it up with enjoying the fun of dressing up.

So to me words for this northern hemisphere for this activity are not common to me.

So when looking at the word search what has jumped out to me is

8 Across and L. Down. (11 letters)

Transylvania 

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Laurelle3 

Great one laurelle, I missed that one entirely.

Hey, I might have to change our meet-up to the morning of the Monday the 11th instead of the 12th. I have to be back in Adelaide to pick Ade up from the airport on Wednesday 13th. I hope this fits in with you, otherwise we will postpone it until I am over in February.

Yesterday our little grandson, Sailah Louie turned 3. He is the first male member born into our family for 76 years.....I was the last!

Little 3 year old with MumLittle 3 year old with Mum

They must have been looking at a photo of me!They must have been looking at a photo of me!

With his sister Frankie May going shopping.With his sister Frankie May going shopping.

All the best mate.

Cheers.......Rob

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Oh my God!!! @Robin4 !! WHAT A CUTE LITTLE MUNCHKIN ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.... We look forward to hear about your time with these little ones and some well deserved family time๐Ÿ’–

Also, do keep us posted on your meetup with @Laurelle3 if you happen to meet this month๐Ÿค— ! I will surely be having a FOMO๐Ÿ˜.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Bhumika 

Yeah he is turning into a corker little fellow Bhumika. He has got to the age where he has grown into his face!

Babies are not beautiful........they are cute, as you can see from that last pic in the shopping trolley, Frankie has a way to go before she grows into hers and becomes a beautiful little girl like her 2 cousins. But she is only 1, just give her another couple of years.

Cheers.......Rob

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Laurelle3, that was a really good one ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm curious to know if there's a particular celebration in Australia that you remember as very traditional and perhaps not as common in other parts of the world. To give you an example, in Colombia we celebrate "el dรญa de las velitas," or "Day of the Little Candles" in English, on December 7th, and I haven't seen this celebration anywhere else.

If you'd like to read a bit more about the Day of the Little Candles, here's a link: https://www.colombia.co/en/colombia-country/five-ways-celebrate-christmas-colombia/

Regards,

-----

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Paula most of our traditions are from British Heritage who came and conquered this wide brown land from the true Australians our Aboriginals.

But we could have been ruled by the French, Dutch or Spanish. But that is another story.

Christmas and Easter are the same as around the ๐ŸŒŽ world.

The Queen or it should be the Kings birthday held in the first weekend in June in NSW this celebration  was started n 1938.

Australia  celebrates Australia Day when it was adopted in 1931 in recognition of the first British settlement in 1788 on January 26th when they raised the British flag.

Today people are questioning the reasoning of this celebration.

Another day of recognition is ANZAC Day

25th April where Australians and New Zealanders landed in Gallipoli in 1915. Again a call up by the British.

This day is for  remembrance of all the ANZACs. Australian and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars" conflicts and peace keeping operations. It has a meaning to all Australians from school children to the elderly. A march is usually held in every town. Where a service is for those that have fallen ending with wreath laying.

Because Australia is made up from 190 countries (to date). We have all had a relative that has served or been an innocent bystander who has been effected by a war or conflict over the generations.

Sadly this is still going on today.

Groups of Australians often celebrate the country that they or their ancestors have come from to settle in Australia.

So you could say we are a mixed up country trying to discover our identity.

We are unique in that we have a bit of this and a bit of that.

We love foods from around the world. We speak many languages and have many religions and celebrate different cultures from around the world. We play sports of different codes.

But we try to live in harmony, respect others and their ways.

That is why we call ourselves Downunders and call out 

COME ON Aussies Come On.

Sorry Paula you did ask.

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Thank you for sharing this @Laurelle3 

I've definitely learned a thing or two today!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Breanna after writing about our traditions I forgot to add New Years Day.  This tradition was  brought to Australia by our ancestors through their Scotish tradition of Hogmanay .

Information from the historical newspapers say that New Day was celebrated with picnics and after settlement.

It is reported as the first New Years Eve was in 1897 by a small group of people in Sydney. 

However today our New Years Eve of Sydney's harbour Bridge and Opera house are seen around the world ๐ŸŒŽ by today's media.

Another forgotten celebration event is the Australian Melbourne Cup horse race.This first documented race was in 1861 and would you believe it was won by a local horse to where I live in NSW 

The race is run on the 1st Tuesday in November with a huge prize money.

In the past Australia stopped to hear the race. Today it has lost the momentum with oversea horses brought in for the prze money. It also viewed as gambling and against our different cultures and our way of life.

This has been another learning curve for me looking up items to try and get my facts right before writing on the Airbnb Community Forum.

With this I always look up other topics that are mentioned by other Airbnb Hosts. It always lightens me with information from around the ๐ŸŒŽ world.

What a wonderful world we live in.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

@Laurelle3  what a wonderful world we live in! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›

As always, I am learning so much from your posts, which continually bring new ideas to my mind. First, I want to thank you for sharing all these celebrations with us ๐ŸŒป. I plan to spend some time reading and viewing pictures to understand better. It happens that I have a photographic memory, which makes it easier for me to follow images. I will make sure to learn more about all these celebrations.

This conversation has also inspired me to create a new thread focused on celebrations from around the world. Let's share our most unique celebrations with our Host Community. What are your thoughts on that, @Laurelle3 ?

-----

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Paula 

The Halloween puzzle seems to have run out of puff Paula. I would like to see it completed so, I know I have put a couple of suggestions in but, seeing as it has stalled can I add another one?

Being Halloween, it always had to be there in the puzzle somewhere.......

12A to 9D    Bats

Cheers.......Rob

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hey @Robin4, I agree with you! I also want to see it completed. Please feel free to guess as many words as you would like,  just make sure to share one guess per comment ๐Ÿ˜Š

All the best,

-----