[GAME] Tourist destinations in Europe

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

[GAME] Tourist destinations in Europe

Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 9.38.05 PM.png

Hi everyone 👋

This week, we're jet-setting across Europe in a game exploring some of its most iconic cities and must-visit spots. 🔥

Here's how it works - we've scattered clues for you below. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to decipher these hints and drop the name of the location in the comments. Heads up 🙌 the map number is a nifty guide to the whereabouts of the city/place, but it might not be pinpoint accurate. To keep the game fair and fun, let's stick to one guess per comment 😊

Got a travel tale or two about these places? Or perhaps your listing is right in one of these locations? We'd love for you to share your experiences!

No.

Clue

Place

This city is home to the Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony.

Oslo

This city is known for its canal system and historical museums. You might also enjoy a bike ride here.

Amsterdam

The Underground system of this city is one of the oldest and most extensive in the world.

London

Bask in innovative art in its many museums or relax in the sauna.

Helsinki

Food, fashion, art, love.

Paris

Not a city, but a country known for its bagpipes, kilts, and the mystical Loch Ness Monster.

Scotland

Waffles, fries, and a statue of a peeing baby.

Brussels

This city is known for flamenco, bullfights, and its Gothic cathedral.

Seville

This tidal island is topped by a gravity-defying abbey, and the UK has its own version of it!

Mont Saint-Michel

Located in the picturesque Wirral Peninsula, this town shares its name with several other places around the country.

Moreton

The political center of both the country and international law.

The Hague

This place hosts an internationally renowned film festival every year.

Cannes

Known as the Gateway to the Fjords, this city is nestled between mountains on the west coast of Norway.

Bergen

A gorgeous lake surrounded by beautiful mountains. Also where very famous and important conventions took place.

Geneva

This city is known for its colorful buildings and the iconic Charles Bridge.

Prague 

This city is known for the Kremlin and Red Square.

Moscow

Enjoy a delicious beer while looking over the romantic canals, narrow streets, and Burgundian architecture.

Bruges

This city is home to the Gamla Stan, its old town.

Stockholm

The Danube River flows through this city, dividing it into two parts.

Budapest

This city boasts a distinctive colored-roof cathedral and is a central spot where Christmas markets come alive in winter.

Zagreb

Castles and medieval villages, truly a hidden gem. Be sure to pack your garlic (and maybe a crucifix too...)!

Transylvania

Home to the golden domes of the Saint Sophia's Cathedral.

Kiev

This city is known for its classical music, waltz, and a certain breaded veal dish.

Vienna

The home of a very famous cheese, and a very famous volcano.

Naples

In this ancient city, you can find the world-famous Parthenon.

Athens

Home of Oktoberfest.

Munich

This coastal city is synonymous with port wine, and it's where the Douro River meets the Atlantic Ocean.

Porto

This city is the birthplace of the infamous street artist whose thought-provoking creations have garnered global attention.

Bristol

This city was once devastated but now standing tall, filled with historic charm and rising as a symbol of resilience.

Warsaw

Renowned worldwide for its high fashion and design.

Milan

This city is famous for its vibrant St. Patrick's Day celebrations.

Dublin

Situated at the foot of Vitosha Mountain, this city is among the oldest in Europe.

Sofia

In this city, the dish made from stewed pieces of cow's or mutton stomach is one of its hallmarks.

Madrid

Sadly, the city's most representative architect died after being run over by a tram.

Barcelona

In this city, the principal festivity is celebrated by burning giant dolls and throwing large quantities of firecrackers.

Valencia

Have fun ✈️

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

137 Replies 137

Sooorry!!! I could not help myself!! 
Love the games!!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Lovely to hear that, @Trini104 ! Stay tuned for our next one. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

#34 Antoni Gaudí Barcelona

I actually visited Barcelona last summer and had a blast! The architecture, especially masterpieces, blew my mind. Sagrada Família is an absolute must-see, and the food, the vibes - everything was amazing. I found a local guide who knew the city inside out. He took me to hidden gems and introduced me to some delicious local eats. One highlight was this quaint tapas bar tucked away in the Gothic Quarter. Check it out if you plan on going: https://gowithguide.com/spain/barcelona Just a random find. 🏰

pexels-mehmet-turgut-kirkgoz-14364597.jpg