Guess What! Airbnb Supports a Host!

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

Guess What! Airbnb Supports a Host!

I have heard such a bad rap about Airbnb Customer Service that I just had to let you hosts know that sometimes the system works. 
Without boring you with all the details a guest canceled 24 hours before arrival and claimed that I yelled at her and was in a rage on the phone. So not true. She basically ghosted me for a week so I had to reach out to CS to find out if she was still coming or if she was dead or something. 
Airbnb took my side saying she canceled so she can’t get refunded and that a phone conversation is a “he said, she said” and that I don’t have to refund her. Next, after reading so many posts about never getting payments from Airbnb, I held my breath to see if I’d ever see the money. Guess what?! 24 hours later I had the money! 
maybe things are starting to change in host’s favor and they are seeing our value.

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Basha0 Its good to see when Airbnb take a more balanced/fair approach. Lets hope they don't reverse your good fortune!

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Basha0 

That's great news!

It doesn't surprise me anymore that after a litany of host difficulties with poor or no CS response someone whom I never seen before on the forum, comes on to praise Airbnb about their CS performance, call me an old curmudgeon or even cynical but that's what I've noticed.

Hence the expression, "the exception proves the rule" as scientist are fond of saying.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Cormac0,

If you'd clicked on @Basha0's profile, you'd have seen the history of postings.  Basha is not a newcomer to the community.

@Basha0,

It's great that a decision was made in your favor.

@Debra300 

In plain English I said  "whom I've never seen before on the forum" I said nothing about how many if any post they had...

I can name by heart the regulars on here and to be honest, I've can't  remember seeing you Debra300 or Basha0 making posts in the last number of years and I'm on all most every day.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Basha0  Always nice to hear of a positive and fair outcome. Now if it was just the rule rather than the exception 🙂

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Basha0  That's great news, and I'm glad you posted, because I won't feel so alone when I say positive things 🙂  I had some damage this summer that the guests declined to pay for and I also got compensated by Airbnb within a matter of days.  I was as amazed as you were!  

@Cormac0, I'd like to introduce you to @Debra300, who has become a valued regular this year.  Sometimes we all show up here on parallel lines.

I know you were being funny because of course you're not a curmudgeon 🙂

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yes, sometimes it happens!

After having mostly bad experiences with CS this year - and I had to contact them far too many times, as I am sure was the case for a lot of hosts - I also had a positive result last week. It was nothing major, but I got my vanished 2019 Superhost bonus back after speaking to a different rep about it (the previous ones wouldn't help me).

I also battled some wrongly issued COVID-19 refunds earlier this year and dealt with numerous reps, all of whom were useless, except for one, who thankfully sorted out a number of payments for me. It really does seem to be wholly dependent on the rep you get on the line/message system rather than Airbnb policy or the problem in hand.

Unfortunately, these competent and effective reps do seem to be in the minority these days, whereas a couple of years ago, I would have said the opposite.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Good news stories are always welcome @Basha0 ! 

Thanks for letting us know that improvements are visible, first hand. 👏🏼👏🏼

Rajan2
Level 8
Los Angeles, CA

Keeping my fingers crossed that Airbnb will push for more support for hosts. As a Superhost, we try to support our guests and give them the best experience. It would be great to see Airbnb support this approach with more transparency.